AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Infrastructure Administrator from Trial Download...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mark.leslie
955 Views, 3 Replies

Installation of Infrastructure Administrator from Trial Download...

I can't seem to install Infrastructure Administrator (AIA) from the Trial Download (i've been asked to see how to upgrade my Datamodels from '12 to '14 and thought I'd just use the Trial downlaod software....my boss keeps the subsription DVD's locked up) and I can work from home if I download the trial as this is all extra hours I won't get paid for anyway...

Anyway... The installation procedure prompts me to insert disk 2 when I've chosen to just install AIA...but with a download you don't get a disk...so what am I supposed to do?  Is this a joke or a calculated way to limit ones ability to use AIA. I would also need to use the Industry model setup programm but can't find any docs on whether this tool wioll be installed with AIA...

I've never done a clean install of any Map 3D software and Oracle Software and we will need to do all that with an ordered new Server running a new Oracle licence of Spatial....How can I carry out a test run if the download asks me stupid questions that an unexperienced idiot like me don't know how to solve? Any suggestions or solutions found to similar experience would be much appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I don't know this problem but perhaps the answer...

Let's have a look on your installition source.
My installation source is placed on c:\autodesk\autocad_MAp_2015_German......

find the X64 folder in the source folder --> into this folder you find the folder \admin

Browse to this folder and start tbadmin.msi, this will start the AIA Installation

my complete path to Installation source:
C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Map_2015_German_Win_64bit_DLM\x64\admin\tbadmin.msi (I think its similar in 2014 version)

If you don't have the admin folder your Demo Version is not complete -->

Please go to the Subscription Center to downlod Map 3D again.

Kind Regards

Gerd

Message 3 of 4
mark.leslie
in reply to: mark.leslie

I'll check these folders out...if they're not there thats a limitation of the trial software which I'd find disappointing..im also concentrating on map 2014 and the download page doesnt allow downloads of older software...I've tried...

But thanks for the reply...
Message 4 of 4

Just located the msi Installer for TBAdmin...it starts fine and then after a minute rolls back the installation and the installer fails. Tried also running the Map 2014 installer manually from the Download folder structure and it also exits without a successfull install.

I tried running the main Setup program and it still prompts me to insert Disk 1 or 2 depending on what choices I make for the installation....

I guess the download is not made to be installed by a normal non software engineer type like me. : ((

Guess I'll have to bother my boss for the subscription DVD's and all the licensing problems that go with it.. : ((

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost