AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting drawing into a viewport

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pathfinderNE
2616 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting drawing into a viewport

I have a layout with two viewports and I would like to insert different drawings into the viewports.  Is there a way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: pathfinderNE

Do the two dwgs overlap one another. If not just insert them into modle space and in the paperspace (layout) zoom/pan to eack in the viewports.

If they do overlap then are they sing different layers? If so you need to use the vplayer tools to turn on or off the layers for each dwg.

Proving more infomation on the dwgs and the results you want will give us a better idea on what you need to do.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
pathfinderNE
in reply to: Murph_Map

I want to create a layout with two horizontal viewports.  I want to include two different 2D drawings in the viewports, one in each viewport.  The drawings do not overlap.  What I have experienced so far is that the same drawing shows up in the two viewports.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: pathfinderNE

Insert the two dwgs in model space, set the distance between them as far as you need. Then in the first viewport in paperspace (layouts) zoom to the first dwg, then in the other viewport zoom to the other dwg. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost