AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

jfranc6253
Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

Inserting a Block With Attributable Text

281 Views, 3 Replies
07-27-2012 10:45 AM

Hello. I am inserting a block into my drawing that has attributable text, and when I insert and pick the insertion point, the block prompts me immediately to fill in attributable text fields. My problem is that it runs through the sequence twice. How can I edit the block so it only does it once?

Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (280 Views)

Re: Inserting a Block With Attributable Text

07-27-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: jfranc6253

Hi,

>> My problem is that it runs through the sequence twice

What sequence runs twice? The insertion of the block or the insert-dialog for the insertion or the attribute request dialog or are you asked for the attributive contect twice in the command-line?

And "how did you start the insertion"? By entering _INSERT in the commandline or by starting the insertcommand from a toolbar or from the ribbon or from an application or from a self built tool/lisp/vba/menu/...?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
jfranc6253
Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

07-27-2012 11:50 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The attribute request dialog sequence runs twice. Actually, the prompt appears in the command line for filling in the information. A dialog box does not appear at all. I used Insert from the menu bar to insert the block into the drawing.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)

07-27-2012 12:29 PM in reply to: jfranc6253

Hi,

>> Actually, the prompt appears in the command line for filling in the information

Maybe then that you have your attribute-definitions doubled in your block-definition?

What happens if you set the sysvar ATTDIA to 1 ==> you get then a dialog that asks you to fill in the attributes, are there any attribute-names double?

You can also try to double-click the block when your insertion and attribute-request-handling was finished. You should then get a dialog that shows your attributes. And if there are any attributes doubled then you see these in red-colored.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.