AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
pmcatnip
Message 11 of 13 (106 Views)

Re: InfrastructureAdministrator ,IndustryModelExplorer&Storm&Sanitary An

04-08-2013 10:58 AM in reply to: weibelt

Hi guys, several questions here.    Last time I fiddled with SSA it was the stand-alone 2011 version but I need to get going with the newer versions.  I'm currently running Map 3D 2012 and about to upgrade to 2014 very soon.  I can find all kinds of documentation about SSA's features and functions, how to use guides, etc, but nothing about actually finding and installing it.

weibelt wrote:

Storm & Sanitary Analysis (SSA):

1. You need to select SSA in the installer
  2. You need to open a wastewater industry model in Map 3D.

Otherwise the SSA button is disabled.

Would that have been done in the network install or the local install?

Where do I even find the SSA button? (I can't find a Stormwater tab anywhere, not even the custom settings. Totally new to this Industry Model stuff.)

Is SSA still incorporated in Map 3D 2014?  Do I need to tell our IT guys anything special to make sure it gets set up right when they do the upgrade?  (They do our network install for 2 seat licenses, then we do our own local install.)

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Contributor
pmcatnip
Message 12 of 13 (85 Views)

04-12-2013 01:56 PM in reply to: pmcatnip

Anybody?  I found the Wastewater panel that has the SSA button greyed out (in the Maintenance workspace, wonder why the big wide internet didn't mention that) and I tried to reinstall Map 3D 2012 to make sure it included SSA.  But I couldn't find an SSA option anywhere in the install menus.  It would be a humongous help to my projects.  Can anybody please tell me step by step how to find it in the installation?

Edit: OK so after searching the internet all week, it does appear that this has to be done at the network install level as per this article.  It would appear that is why the option didn't show up when I tried a local reinstall.  Is that right?

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Contributor
pmcatnip
Message 13 of 13 (59 Views)

04-15-2013 02:49 PM in reply to: pmcatnip

It won't let me edit the previous post to fix the link so here is the right one: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/civil-3d-2013-where-is-storm-sanitary-analysis-su....

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.