AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfrastructureAdministrator ,IndustryModelExplorer&Storm&Sanitary Analysis

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Projectmax1
501 Views, 12 Replies

InfrastructureAdministrator ,IndustryModelExplorer&Storm&Sanitary Analysis

Hi all, I am fairly familiar with most aspects of map 3d. But these three things i one cant get my head around and two can't seem to get them to work.

There is not much help online, although i think my main problem is i cannot login to anything. They say your Username is "Administrator" and the password is blank. This does not work. I think we would find the storm & sanitary analysis very useful but its greyed out under the wastewater tab.

I'm very lost I dont even know what the first two do, and i could figure out how to use the storm and sanitary analysis if i could get it to work, but i think you need the first two to access it. Also any commands like _tbgenerategraphic or _TBConnectivity (for example) come back as unknown commands.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
thepworth
in reply to: Projectmax1

While I"m not currently using 2012, the Map3D 2010/2011 rourtines for object classification required loggin in with user name "superuser" and password "SUPERUSER" (case sensitive).

Perhaps these would work for the newer product? 

Message 3 of 13
weibelt

Hi

Storm & Sanitary Analysis (SSA):

1. You need to select SSA in the installer
  2. You need to open a wastewater industry model in Map 3D.

Otherwise the SSA button is disabled.

Administrator user:

Can you give me a bit more context on this one? Where do you want to log-in with that user? Did you already create a industry model system user on the database (e.g. MAPSYS) with the Industry Model Setup application? etc.

Best regards

Tobias

Tobias Weibel
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 13
Murph_Map
in reply to: thepworth

@thepworth wrote:

While I"m not currently using 2012, the Map3D 2010/2011 rourtines for object classification required loggin in with user name "superuser" and password "SUPERUSER" (case sensitive).

Perhaps these would work for the newer product? 

Two different animals there Todd.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 13
thepworth

Thought as much, as I'm a version out of date, but thought it might help....

Message 6 of 13
Projectmax1

Thanks for replying Tobias,

Where I'm trying to log in is (From the ribbon, in the Maintenance workspace) Home > Open Project. I really want to try out the Storm & Sanitary Analysis.

Cheers

Message 7 of 13
Projectmax1

Exploring a bit more, i've learnt that you need oracle for it all to work, yes? Actually google reckons you can maybe get around that somehow. Does oracle ship with autocad or would you need to pay a shed load of money for it? (If thats the case i wonder how many people ended up using the idustry analysis enterprise blah blah.

Thanks again

Message 8 of 13
Murph_Map

@Projectmax1 wrote:

Exploring a bit more, i've learnt that you need oracle for it all to work, yes? Actually google reckons you can maybe get around that somehow. Does oracle ship with autocad or would you need to pay a shed load of money for it? (If thats the case i wonder how many people ended up using the idustry analysis enterprise blah blah.

Thanks again

There is an Express Edition for free  noncommerical use. I haven't used it in a while but beware you best know a few things about databases and setting it all up. I ran it on a laptop and if you're not carefull it can make your pc crawl.

Murph
Message 9 of 13
thepworth
in reply to: Murph_Map

to the best of my knowledge, the free editions of MySQL and Oracle DB's have a 4GB size limit.  Is this correct?

Message 10 of 13
Murph_Map
in reply to: thepworth

@thepworth wrote:

to the best of my knowledge, the free editions of MySQL and Oracle DB's have a 4GB size limit.  Is this correct?

Used to be yes so I would think it still is. But's that more then E$RI Personnel Geodatabases is and more than MS Acess.

Worked good enough for me to demo Map3D and FDO with them.  

Murph
Message 11 of 13
pmcatnip
in reply to: weibelt

Hi guys, several questions here.    Last time I fiddled with SSA it was the stand-alone 2011 version but I need to get going with the newer versions.  I'm currently running Map 3D 2012 and about to upgrade to 2014 very soon.  I can find all kinds of documentation about SSA's features and functions, how to use guides, etc, but nothing about actually finding and installing it.

@weibelt wrote:

Storm & Sanitary Analysis (SSA):

1. You need to select SSA in the installer
  2. You need to open a wastewater industry model in Map 3D.

Otherwise the SSA button is disabled.

Would that have been done in the network install or the local install?

Where do I even find the SSA button? (I can't find a Stormwater tab anywhere, not even the custom settings. Totally new to this Industry Model stuff.)

Is SSA still incorporated in Map 3D 2014?  Do I need to tell our IT guys anything special to make sure it gets set up right when they do the upgrade?  (They do our network install for 2 seat licenses, then we do our own local install.)

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Message 12 of 13
pmcatnip
in reply to: pmcatnip

Anybody?  I found the Wastewater panel that has the SSA button greyed out (in the Maintenance workspace, wonder why the big wide internet didn't mention that) and I tried to reinstall Map 3D 2012 to make sure it included SSA.  But I couldn't find an SSA option anywhere in the install menus.  It would be a humongous help to my projects.  Can anybody please tell me step by step how to find it in the installation?

Edit: OK so after searching the internet all week, it does appear that this has to be done at the network install level as per this article.  It would appear that is why the option didn't show up when I tried a local reinstall.  Is that right?

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Message 13 of 13
pmcatnip
in reply to: pmcatnip

It won't let me edit the previous post to fix the link so here is the right one: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/civil-3d-2013-where-is-storm-sanitary-analysis-su....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost