AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry models running in Oracle XE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pg002a
1393 Views, 4 Replies

Industry models running in Oracle XE

HI

I messing around with setting up  Industry Model using Oracle 10g and 11g XE edition. I cant make it working, trouble starts when trying to  create MAP 3d System User "MAPSYS" in Industry Model Setup, during user creation(about 68%) error popups" Could not create user MAPSYS"XE: Unable to deploy java package. Does anyone know does XE version is  suitable for Industry Models. Direct connection to Oracle 10g or 11G XE with MAP 3d  working for me perfectly.

System  I have is: WIN 7 Enterpise( 64 bit), databse is Oracle 10g and 11g XE(32bit), client is Oracle 11g R2(administrator),all autodesk software is 2013 versions(64 bit). I tried it also with 2012 software but same result.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
weibelt
in reply to: pg002a

Hi

You can find the minumum requirements here: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad-map-3d/system-requirements/.

I guess it has something to do with your Oracle Client installation. Did you install "Oracle Database 11g Client Release 2 Administrator (Not Instant or Run-time)"? Otherwise required files like loadjava.bat cannot be found.

Tobias

Tobias Weibel
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
pg002a
in reply to: weibelt

I'm using Administrator client and i cvan see loadjava.bat in client installation folder.

If anyone got XE version working with model?

Message 4 of 5
DavidPavlicek
in reply to: pg002a

Hello,
Oracle XE doesn't support Java packages inside database, thus it is not possible to deploy Industry Model into it.

If you need no-cost DBMS solution, you can try SQL Server Express, which is now supported in Map 2013.

Message 5 of 5
pg002a
in reply to: DavidPavlicek

Thanks, now its clear to me why the problem occurs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost