AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry model - Generate graphic crashing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Phatnine
495 Views, 2 Replies

Industry model - Generate graphic crashing

Hi,

I recently installed Autocad Map 3d 2014, 64 bits, on a windows 7 machine. I set up an enterprise model in a SQL server 2008 R2 database, created a custom industry model with one feature class, converted a SHP to my custom industry model. All 80 features were converted.

The problem is when I'm trying to call Generate Graphic function. Autocad Map crashes and I get this error in the error log:

An item with the same key has already been added

Does anybody know what can be wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Maxime

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MatejC
in reply to: Phatnine

I have a similar problem. AuroCAD Map 3D 64bit, win 7, and I have Industry models on Oracle database. I can open projects with Industry model normally, but when I hit the Generate Graphics button, the stylization is done in Task Pane, but second later program crashes (closes unexpectedly).

Did anyone find a solution to souch problems or has at least a tip where to look for a solution. I would be very thankful for sharing it.

Thanks.

Matej

Message 3 of 3
Phatnine
in reply to: MatejC

I've found the solution. 

You probably updated the file PROVIDERS.xml in the FDO folder because the copy that came out-of-the-box with MAP 2014 wasn't working properly. In the new providers.xml, there are two entries for SDF and two for SHP (version 3.7 and 3.8). If you remove from the file both 3.8 entries and save, the next time you will click Generate graphics it will work.

On the other hand, when you'll wnat to call mapexport/mapimport again, you'll have to add both 3.8 SDF and SHP entries in the providers.xml file.

Hope this is clear.

Maxime

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost