AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry Model Explorer problem

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
MatejC
1007 Views, 16 Replies

Industry Model Explorer problem

I'm using AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 on my computer (Win7 64bit) and Oracle 11g R2 on server (Windows Server 2008 R2). We establised a new developer environment on another server on Windows Server 2012 (Oracle 11g R2 and AIMS 2014). Industry models on first server (2008) were created with Topobase 2010. We used Autodesk Industry Model Setup 2014 and updated industry models to 2014 version. I can access these updated models from my computer (Map 2014) without problem. Then we wanted to transfer some of these models to Oracle on the new server (2012). We used Oracle's EXPDP tool to export data models on first server and IMPDP tool to import data models on second server. In export log file there were no errors. In import log file there were warnings (ORA-39082: trigger created with compilation warnings).

We followed the instructions found on this blog:

http://autodesk.typepad.com/beyondthebox/2012/12/using-oracles-impdp-and-expdp-with-autodesk-enterpr...

http://autodesk.typepad.com/beyondthebox/2013/01/using-oracles-impdp-and-expdp-with-autodesk-enterpr...

The only difference was, that using Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator to import industry model from existing Oracle schema didn't recognize that Oracle schema as industry model (had to unchek the "Show only enterprise industry models" to see and select the imported industry models). After recreating triggers and spatial indicies (also 1.click Maintenance) we tried to connect to this industry model from Map 2014 on my computer. Industry model opens and generate graphics performs. The problem is that in Industry Model Explorer I can't see the industry model (I have checked the Explorer Manager in Infrastructure Administrator). If I click the Explorer Profiles button in Industry Model Explorer, i get this little button with 3 dots (right upper corner of Industry model Explorer). And if i select this button, I can see the industry model, but in this kind of view I can only check or unchek features. Mouse right click of feature gives only 1 option - Search, so there are no Show Form, Digitize, ... options.

If I create a new industry model using Infrastructure Admnistrator 2014 on this new server, there are no problems in

viewing the industry model.

I would really appreciate any help, how to get full functionality in Industry Model Explorer.

Thanks. Matej

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
hence_the_name
in reply to: MatejC

Hi Matej,

no solution, only few thoughts:

- no permission issue? The Map user who is logging in has access to a explorer profile?

- might be worth having a look at TB_EXPLORER_* tables - and to compare it with same schema on w2008 server?

- check the log file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014\Log).

- start Map under a different Windows account and check if there is any difference

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 17
MatejC
in reply to: hence_the_name

Thank you for tips.

For an unknown (yet) reason I had to uncheck and check again the Data Model topic in Edit mode (three dots button) in Industry model Explorer. So now I have full functionality over Industry model.

Matej

Message 4 of 17

I am trying to set up the Autodesk Industry model but cannot fine were to do the following:
Map 3d system user-- not installed
Map 3D system package-- not loaded
Map 3D server version-- Version not found
Map 3d main user-- no user found
Is there anyone that may be able to shed some light on this.
I tried calling Autodesk but could not get anyone to answer

Don

Message 5 of 17

Hi,

you have to start Autodesk Industry Model Setup (), there you can create these items. To be found in the Windows start menu or:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator 2016\bin\Autodesk.IndustryModelSetup.exe

(whereas "2016" is version specific)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 17

Hi,

have look at this (Setting Up an Oracle-based Enterprise Industry Model)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAP/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-525B2BB8-AC8E-4F24-8A77-F09789232232

Rob

Message 7 of 17

I am not sure if this may or may not be part of the problem
I have 2016 Map 3D,
However I can only fine C:\Program files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator 2013\bin\AutodeskModelSetup.exe
(whereas "2016" is version specific)( I am not sure of this)
Message 8 of 17
DonLemen5906
in reply to: MatejC

I am trying to fine someone that is using Industry Modeling.  I have been trying to get started with it by bring in SDF files with the convert to Industry

but keep gettin ERRORs.

Do i have to use the schemas used with in Insustry modeling?

Would like to talk with someone.

Message 9 of 17

Hi,

I recommend to open a new discussion as your question is not related to this thread.

By the way - I'm a user and I have also used ConvertToIM. Please explain in more detail what you have done so far and wich error messages you get.

Rob

Message 10 of 17

Well I will give it a go. 

I go to convert to IM, source data, I then pick the SDF file,  i open it in the data mapping.

SCHEMA1                                                                     WASTE WATER

under the schema1                                                  under the waste water

I check the laterals                                                   this is were the drop down is, your suppost to match data under the schema1

I then go to convert and each time i get a different error.  this time ERROR:  Attribute copy from sewer_Laterls RUN_ID_toWW_SECTION.LENGTH

Source feature: Sewer_Laterls. Featld=1 Error detail:Property_RUN_ID_: Cannot convert datatype

'FdodataType_String"to"FdoDatatype_decimal' Datasource: sewer_Laterial.sdf

Don

Message 11 of 17
DonLemen5906
in reply to: DonLemen5906

Rob,

Is there anyway we could have a phone conversation?

Don
Message 12 of 17

Hi Don,

the error message says that you try to convert STRING to DECIMAL. That won't work.

Data types need to be the same (or similiar).

I see the following options:

(1) don't import the columns where data types do not match

(2) change data type in your source (This propably can be done by some copying / importing / exporting of the SDF file).

(3) in case you have an Oracle/SQLServer IM as target you could also try to bulkcopy the SDF file into your database (new schema)  and then use the Map IM feature "import from existing schema" (although I don't know if this is available for SQL Server, but it is for Oracle). This feature lets you copy data from an arbitrary(Oracle) schema into an Oracle IM schema. As soon as you SDF data is in your database you can apply database functionality for changing the data types of your data. Then use "import from existing schema".

Rob

Message 13 of 17
DonLemen5906
in reply to: DonLemen5906

good morning rob,

First thanks for the help.

Do you need to have Orcale to run IM?

This is what  my schema1, is for sewer mains

_downstrem_MH_ / _Run_ID_ /  _SP_NO_ / _upstream_MH / inspection / Pipesize / pipetype / slope

left blank    /   Pipe lenght / File Name / left Blank / Left blank / diameter Outside / ID Material /Pipe slope

I got the follwoing error,  Attribute copy from sewer mains ruin ID to WW section pipe length source feature sewer mains featid=1 error detail: property runID: cannot convert datatypefdodatatype string to fdodatatype decimal data source sewer mains.sdf

I'am at a lost as to what to do.  If i change the schema1 will i lose all the data?.  should i go back to the main drawing and change the Asscess spreadsheet that i created so i could do the sdf's for. ?

Don

Message 14 of 17

Hi Don,

I'm about to leave... so a quick reply.

Map IM works either with Oracle, SQLServer or file based. I'm only familiar with Oracle.

As far as I understand you have an SDF file with your wastewater data and now you are trying to convert this into Map's waster water IM.

But I don't know what you mean by "main drawing" and "Access spreadsheet". How is your data structured right now? Do you have drawing data, SDF data and an Access DB? How are they all linked?

Your IM - do you use Oracle/SSQLServer or file based version?

I'm also a bit confused by the error message:

"Attribute copy from sewer_Laterls RUN_ID_toWW_SECTION.LENGTH"

WW_SECTION.LENGTH is an attribute Map will populate automatically by calculating the length of the geometry. You should not migrate any data into this column as it will be overwritten anyway.

I don't know what RUN_ID is meant for - if you need this attribute and there isn't any attribute in Map's wasterwater data model you need to add the attribute there first.

Rob

Message 15 of 17

Rob,  What time is it there.  Here it is 10:47 in the morning.

I should have explained this first. This is what i have done.

First I started a dwg for all the sewer lines with in the city.  I creat block for the manhole.  the sewer lines are just polylines.

I then went to Microsoft access and created a data spreadsheet.  I then put the spreadsheet to the ODBC data source.

I then attached the information to the  blocks and the objects and I link the templates.

I then went and exported thru mapexport and created the SDF.  And i am trying to bring the SDF into IM thru convert to IM. going to source data,

SDF sewer_Mains.sdf,

This is were i try to match schema1 to the waste water.

then i get nothing but errorss.

I hope this helps explain some what as what I have done.

Don

Message 16 of 17

Hi Don,

I had a closer look at the waste water data model and ww_section does not contain an attribute "length" (at least not in our data model).

So I don't know why you get the error message with regards to "WW_SECTION.LENGTH".

Can you provide the SDF file or a extent of it?
Are you using Oracle as target or on which database is your IM based?
Can you provide some screenshots?

I'll send you a private note as well.

Rob

Message 17 of 17

I will send you the SDF file through your private e-mail.. as far as data base ODBC data base is all I am using.
I am going to down load Oracle today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost