AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing style anyone?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
MKH-VB
754 Views, 8 Replies

importing style anyone?

Surley there is a way to import styles to your current dwg.  Anybody know how to do that?

MKH

mkh
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MKH-VB

Im not in front of Map at this time but I learned this a while ago. I think it you highlight the styled layers and go to the tools pulldown you can export or save layers to a file of which you can pull in to other drawing files.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 9
norman.yuan

In AutoCAD Map's Display Manager, right-click anywhere to bring up context menu, select "Data->Load Layer..." to import a *.layer file into current drawing.

Message 4 of 9
MKH-VB
in reply to: norman.yuan

thanks, but I am looking to import "profile view styles" and "surface styles" etc.....

mkh
Message 5 of 9
grafp

It sounds like your talkin' Civil 3d & not Map 3d. It's best to try the Civil 3d Forum for such questions. But I can answer your question.

While there are some 3rd party add-ons that do a better job, you need to open up both drawings and go to your Toolspace and drag and drop each style into your new drawing.

If you find yourself doing this alot, you might look into creating a .dwt (template drawing) that contains all your needed styles, unless you have done this already.

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Message 6 of 9
MKH-VB
in reply to: grafp

I am most definately speaking of C3D. I did not realize I put it in the wrong forum.  My plan is to make a template with all the styles I will need.  I am just trying to figure out how to get them out of multiple dwgs to the same place.  I apprecate your help very much.

MKH

mkh
Message 7 of 9
grafp

The company Engineering Efficiency  http://www.eng-eff.com/ as a free add-on click on "request the free CAD EE cad Mgr."

Try this link: http://www.eng-eff.com/articleframe.php

I almost forgot.  Now if you are running C3d 2011 (I'm  running 2010)  I think there is an undocumented command that can export and imports styles. check the discussion groups on this one

P. Graf
C3D 2009 & 2010
Windows XP
3 GB ram
intel Core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Message 8 of 9

FYI:

If you're on C3D 2011  (or Map3D 2011) new subscription advanatage packs were released this past week and importing styles is one of the new tools in the 2011 C3D SAP....

Thought you'd like to know.

TdH

Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone,

I have a question about feature sytling.

I am oher gis software user. But ı want to use Autocad map 3d now. But

still, ı cant save feature style to library,

How can ı do this.

Please help,

I cant find anywhere including help files in autocad map 3d,

Finally ı want to create my own feature style, and save this styles to my library to use other computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost