AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing shape files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ryanmcauley
301 Views, 7 Replies

importing shape files

i have compiled map of all our facillities for a certain area that we work in, and are allways adding to this map as new infostructure is added to the area.  however when i go to copy and paste to original coordinates the shapes are not pasted to the correct coords.  There has been certain shapes that have shifted in the map.  Some how the file has become corrupt and wont allow the shapes to be pasted into the map at the proper coordinates.  The coordinate system has not changed.  i have maps of other areas and they work just fine for copying shapes into

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: ryanmcauley

Please zip and upload here the pair SHP+PRJ, sir.

Message 3 of 8
ryanmcauley
in reply to: antoniovinci

here is one

Message 4 of 8
antoniovinci

Sir, in the first post you were talking about shape files, so please upload only one SHP + one PRJ (no DXF needed).

Message 5 of 8
ryanmcauley

here is the origianl correct map showing the shapes in the correct location

Message 6 of 8
ryanmcauley

here is the file that has been coropted/damaged as you can see the shapes are in the wrong location. 

Message 7 of 8
antoniovinci

Seems like you can't understand my poor english, so I give up: for me, it's game over, man.

Message 8 of 8
ryanmcauley

autocad tech support couldnt find what cause the error.  so basically have to go back to properly working version, luckly it wasnt total lose.  the bad file/version 8 shows the shape files in the wrong location vs file/version 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost