AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing jpgs with jpgw world file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nomisc
1196 Views, 5 Replies

Importing jpgs with jpgw world file

Hi folks,

I've done a search and not found any posts since before 2010 and they didn't solve my problem. I have been sent a very large number of files for which the world file is jpgw not jpw. Is there any way to get AutoDesk to recognise this? I know that I can get it to work by renaming the world file to jpw, but I have hundreds of files so really don't ant to go down that route.

Thanks

NomiscSmiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fieldguy
in reply to: nomisc

Why can't you use a command window and "ren *.jpgw *.jpw"?  In other words, rename them all at once via the command prompt.

Message 3 of 6
nomisc
in reply to: fieldguy

I'm not used to using the command prompt, but I think I've managed it. Thanks very much.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
nomisc

Hi there,

Thanks very much for that. Is there any way that I can do this to all the sub-folders at once as at present I'm having to go into each folder at a time? I'm afraid I don't have much experience with command line processing.

Thanks

Simon
Simon Crutchley
Development & Strategy Manager
Remote Sensing
Heritage Protection Department
English Heritage
The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue
Swindon SN2 2EH
Tel: +44 1793 414704
[cid:image001.gif@01CE8EC5.E60D5CE0]
www.english-heritage.org.uk/aerialsurvey
any action in reliance on it.
English Heritage
Telephone 020 7973 3000
Facsimile 020 7973 3001

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/
Message 5 of 6
fieldguy
in reply to: nomisc

No.  The "rename" command does not have any support for paths.  

I have used a program called filerenamer but can't find the link at the moment.  There are several free utilities on the www to do this, like >>here<<

If you have any programming experience, you could create your own.

Message 6 of 6
nomisc

Hi that's great. Thanks.
Simon Crutchley

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost