Active Contributor
nomisc
Message 1 of 6 (378 Views)
Accepted Solution

Importing jpgs with jpgw world file

378 Views, 5 Replies
07-30-2013 06:32 AM

Hi folks,

I've done a search and not found any posts since before 2010 and they didn't solve my problem. I have been sent a very large number of files for which the world file is jpgw not jpw. Is there any way to get AutoDesk to recognise this? I know that I can get it to work by renaming the world file to jpw, but I have hundreds of files so really don't ant to go down that route.

Thanks

Nomisc:smileyhappy:

Why can't you use a command window and "ren *.jpgw *.jpw"?  In other words, rename them all at once via the command prompt.

Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 2 of 6 (371 Views)

Re: Importing jpgs with jpgw world file

07-30-2013 07:58 AM in reply to: nomisc

Why can't you use a command window and "ren *.jpgw *.jpw"?  In other words, rename them all at once via the command prompt.

Active Contributor
nomisc
Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

07-30-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: fieldguy

I'm not used to using the command prompt, but I think I've managed it. Thanks very much.:smileyvery-happy:

Active Contributor
nomisc
Message 4 of 6 (333 Views)

08-01-2013 06:46 AM in reply to: fieldguy
Hi there,

Thanks very much for that. Is there any way that I can do this to all the sub-folders at once as at present I'm having to go into each folder at a time? I'm afraid I don't have much experience with command line processing.

Thanks

Simon
Simon Crutchley
Development & Strategy Manager
Remote Sensing
Heritage Protection Department
English Heritage
The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue
Swindon SN2 2EH
Tel: +44 1793 414704
[cid:image001.gif@01CE8EC5.E60D5CE0]
www.english-heritage.org.uk/aerialsurvey
any action in reliance on it.
English Heritage
Telephone 020 7973 3000
Facsimile 020 7973 3001

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/
Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 5 of 6 (331 Views)

08-01-2013 07:07 AM in reply to: nomisc

No.  The "rename" command does not have any support for paths.  

I have used a program called filerenamer but can't find the link at the moment.  There are several free utilities on the www to do this, like >>here<<

If you have any programming experience, you could create your own.

Active Contributor
nomisc
Message 6 of 6 (327 Views)

08-01-2013 07:40 AM in reply to: fieldguy
Hi that's great. Thanks.
Simon Crutchley

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!