AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a MIF file from Mapinfo (Autocad Map 2011)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adw1975
953 Views, 2 Replies

Importing a MIF file from Mapinfo (Autocad Map 2011)

Can anyone help.

I am trying to import a MIF file from Mapinfo into AutoCad Map 2011. Which is a data base of geotechnical locations with added log data for each point.

The data seems to come in ok (correct location) but some of the points don't have any object data associated with them. When I id the point and trace it back to the database (originally an .xls file that has been imported into Mapinfo for the translation purpose) there should be a whole lot of data associated with it. most of the points are coming in with data but there are random points with no data.

Would anyone have any ideas why this would be occuring? I am a new user to Acadmap 3d

Thanks

Aeron

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: adw1975

I don't have any specific help for you regarding importing mif files because that is not how I usually perform this task.  For me it is easier to import a csv file into MapInfo and create the points and make the table mapable there.  I then convert the TAB file to a SHP file using the Universal Translater.  I then add the shp file to AutoCAD.  I realize that AutoCAD will create points using the Suvey, but I find that more cumbersome (sad I know) than the above method for getting my data plotted in MAP3D.  I hope this helps.

Dan

Message 3 of 3
adw1975
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using the Universal translator but it comes up with an error and doesn't finish the translating to a .shp.

Not sure what to do next. I have tried various types of input into Mapinfo of the .xls spread sheet and have found I can get it in to MAp info fine... its the exporting out that is the problem.

Cheers for you help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost