AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Oracle Spatial data in Map 3d

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Radnus_87
538 Views, 8 Replies

Import Oracle Spatial data in Map 3d

Hi All,

I have to import spatial data into Autocad Map. I can connect with my server and import only Point objects but i am not able to import line objects.

I can see only <ACAD_POINTS>. I have assigned some coordinate system to my current drawing.I have my point objects table and line objects table separately in my Oracle Spatial data server. Please help me in getting it done. Thanks in Advance.

Note :

I have all my spatial tables inserted into user_sdo_meta_data_table.

I can see the table names (both Point and Line tables) in Schema but im not able to import line objects.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Radnus_87

Hi,

when you use command _MAPCONNECT, can you...

• get the connection established to your Oracle Server
  • see the line objects (spatial data)?
  • get the line objects visualized?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Radnus_87
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,,

I can get the connection established to my oracle server.

I can see the line objects data(i can see the table name in available schemas)

I am not able to import the line objects when i use this command "MAPIMPORTFDO"

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am not able to import the line objects when i use this command "MAPIMPORTFDO"

You can't import them because you don't see the line-theme in the dialog of MAPIMPORTFDO ... or the dialog does not appear ... or you can see the line-theme, but the import does not bring up the objects?

Another try: can you create an empty SHP dataset and try a bulkcopy from Oracle to SHP?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
Radnus_87

I dont see the line theme in the "MAPIMPORTFDO" dialogue box. I see only "POINTS" and under which i see only "<ACAD_POINTS>" 

I have imported all my oracle spatial data as SHP files and i can use them anyway.. but my task now is to import directly into Autocad and save as DWG file.

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I have imported all my oracle spatial data as SHP files

Then you might try to _MAPIMPORT the SHP dataset.

>> but my task now is to import directly into Autocad and save as DWG file

If it's just the geometry you need to be stored in the DWG you can use _MAPCONNECT to get the Oracle data visualized and then start command _MAPTOACAD and create a DWG.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
Radnus_87

i have to store the DWG and the table's attributese as Object data. I can import all the lines if i just use "MAPCONNET" and click "Add to Map" but it doesnt have any attributes with each line.i need the attributes as Object data.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> i need the attributes as Object data.

As I have no Oracle on my site the option I see is to use bulkcopy to convert the data to a SHP and use _MAPIMPORT then (if you already have the data as shape you can direct import the SHP).

Otherwise someone having Oracle to verify your issue continues here 😉

It might be helpful if you let us know what AutoCAD Map 3D version you have, what service pack you have for Map 3D and what Oracle client release you have installed.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
Radnus_87

I Use Autocad Map 3D 2011 and Oracle 11g as my Oracle Server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost