AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import geocoded photos

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stacy.dunn
1299 Views, 4 Replies

import geocoded photos

I have a series of photos that were taken with a gps enabled camera.  I am looking for a way to import them into autocad map.  I have the ability to export a shp file from the device (running arcpad) and them import the shp file into acad.

The resulting points contain the file path to the image, but the user would like a hyperlink.  Is there a way to create the hyperlinks automatically from the autocad points?

Stacy Dunn
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gluckett
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Hi, this is a bit of a workaround (I have a wishlist item for FDO layers to have hyperlinks but they are not there yet):

1. Import you SHP into AutoCAD Map with associated Object Data from the SHP

2. Export as SDF2 - Command Line MAP2SDF

3. There are 3 choices KEY,NAME, URL  for URL, choose the Object Data field that has your image name (i.e. (strcat "http//mysite.com/images/" :IMAGE_NAME@ODTABLE) )

4. Now reimport using MAPSDFIN

5.  Ensure you check the "Create Hyperlinks from URL Field"

You will now have AutoCAD Points with attached Hyperlinks to each of your geocoded images.

This works in Map 3D 2012 (just tested it) but it would be way better if the same URL builder in MapGuide was available in Map 3D for FDO layers such as SDF and SHP.

Message 3 of 5
stacy.dunn
in reply to: gluckett

Thank you.

Stacy Dunn
Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: gluckett

@gluckett wrote:

this is a bit of a workaround

Sir,
your clever solution works even on my 'golden olden' Map2006, but tell me something.

In 2006, I must CTRL-CLICK on the point: how do you run the hyperlink in Map2012, in the same manner?

Thanx a bunch!
Message 5 of 5
gluckett
in reply to: antoniovinci

Exactly the same way. 

map3d2012_hyperlink.png

Unfortunately we have to go "retro" until the functionality is there in the new stuff
(like OSE has heaps of functionality that FDO doesn't for the bridge from DWG to Spatial).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost