AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
t_mckenzie
736 Views, 2 Replies

Import/Export Error

I mainly use Civil 3D, but I have been tasked with getting our processes from GIS to Civil 3D in tune with each other as it was causing a lot of wasted time in both departments. I have made a lot of progress, but have one last hurdle to pass through.

We keep getting an error message during this process (see attached images). Our template file was started from a previously used base file (in order to encapsulate our changes in our Civil 3D styles). GIS information was imported into this file, but has since been deleted and purged.

I am using Civil 09 (Map 3D 09) and have the latest service packs. I don't quite understand what the error messages are pointing out (as I don't use GIS software much at all). If you could give me an idea of where to look I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Tucker McKenzie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: t_mckenzie

The message in the Error image means the field (Elevation) in the Table does not match the field name for the shp file you are importing. In a new dwg with out any tables (use the ACAD dwt) mapimport the shp file and select Create an Object data table from the shp attributtes. It should import and create the table with a name of the shp file. Now open that table or look in the properties of an imported object and see if the field names match your table. Keep in mind with "some old" versions of Map3d the table names and fields are case sensitive, ELEVATION is not the same as Elevation.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3
t_mckenzie
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks for the response. You are right in that with a different template file it will work, but I needed my template file for all of my Civil 3D settings. Luckily though you pointed me to the Object Data under the Map pull down, and that was where I needed to go to delete the previous Object Data Tables.

Thanks,

-Tucker McKenzie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost