AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
GPSJane
442 Views, 10 Replies

Import data?

Is it possible to import a series of points that I have coords for and label them with a text field?

So far the AutoCAD functions only allow me to export coords by copying them from the command window but surely Map should be able to do more advanced things for maps? This would be a very GIS thing and I would think this is why we have Map.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: GPSJane

Hello

The routine PTMANAGER (Point Manager) from Lee-Mac is a reference !

http://lee-mac.com/ptmanager.html

I am using it since many years ... with ACAD, ACAD MAP, etc ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Is it possible to import a series of points that I have coords for and label them with a text field?

Look to command _MAPIMPORT and command _MAPCONNECT (using ODBC here).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 11
braudpat
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

+1 with Alfred if you want a "pure" MAP solution ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
Murph_Map

As Alfred said, the map import command. Select ASCII Point file as the type and it will insert blocks with attributes. You may need to edit the txt file a little to get it as you want but looks as a quick solution 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 11
parkr4st
in reply to: Murph_Map

and how about

GPSJane

What format are the points now and what format do you want after the work is done?

dave

p.s guys... what if the points are listed on a piece of paper?  IMHO info is needed Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 11
Olga_Shevchenko

GPSJane написано:

... and label them with a text field?

You can also use _mapanntemplate and _mapanninsert.

Another way, you can create as text from data while importing points.

textfromdata.jpg

Message 8 of 11
Olga_Shevchenko

And some more Smiley Wink 

This is my favorite method: connecting to Access table data by FDO ODBC provider

Message 9 of 11
GPSJane
in reply to: parkr4st

Wow thanks 🙂 I need to get into this on a different day but for now to answer some questions - it doesn't really matter what format they are in as I would probably have to do some formatting at some point. Assume text files of some sort such as CSV. Perhaps connecting to a database at some point would be cool so that I don't have duplicates from exporting data all the time. Can ACAD do that? EDIT: I see there may be an answer here, I just need to look into these.

The format I want is a pretty (but accurate) picture with points in the colour and shape I choose, labelled, and usable as a layer in ACAD.

I will look into all that as soon as I can, whih is probably the next time I need to represent points on a plan, lol!

Message 10 of 11
Olga_Shevchenko

GPSJane написано:

Assume text files of some sort such as CSV.

May be this will be usefull?

05.09.png

Message 11 of 11
GPSJane
in reply to: Olga_Shevchenko

Yes! Thanks for all the responses. I have been sent down a whole different path (I haveso much work!) but I will come back to this one day soon and look at it all 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost