AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image not visible in dwfx file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HillH
345 Views, 3 Replies

image not visible in dwfx file

Saved file appears to load aerial image tiles, but after automatic loading of shape files, images no longer visible.  I am new user, how do I fix without having to delete and reload image files?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: HillH

Hi,

how did you create the DWXF? Have you used the plot command, and if so, did you plot from modelspace or paperspace?

And additional questions:

• What Map3D version do you have?
  • What OS do you have?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
HillH

I apologize, I don't believe that I am working in a dwfx file. That just happened to be one of the common question options. I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2013. File is being saved as a dwg. I am loading four aerial TIFF files as an underlay to the map that I am creating. The files load correctly, however when I execute a save command I get a Map Message "Access to object failed". File functions fine within a single session. When I save and exit and later try to open the file, the preview appears correct, the TIFF images initially load correctly but then when the active shape files load, the image files are no longer visible. The Image Management pop-up lists "Visible" as No. I don't seem to find an option to toggle images on and off. I have even tried embedding the images but the program will not embed. I end up using the Image Management to erase images and reload each time I access the file. I have only been using program for a couple of weeks and have no clue how to troubleshoot. Any insight that you may offer is greatly appreciated. Harlan H. Hill, Architect Ozarks Technical Community College 1001 East Chestnut Expressway Springfield, Missouri 65802 417-447-4810 Office 417-447-4804 Fax hillh@otc.edu
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am loading four aerial TIFF files

How do you load it? What command did you use? (_IMAGE or _MAIINSERT or _MAPCONNECT)

>> but then when the active shape files load, the image files are no longer visible.

And that is not just the draworder, so the shapes are above your images?

>> The Image Management pop-up lists "Visible" as No

What is "Image Management"? Can you upload a screenshot from that as this word is unknown to me (I'm working in German AutoCAD, so it maybe just the wording I can't find a translation for).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost