AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image .ecw

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
teflon
2308 Views, 6 Replies

Image .ecw

I have read in an image .ecw with "Map> insert" and also "Data Connect".
However MAP misplaced the image even though the coordinate is in the file ewwx is correct.
It is correctly positioned with ArcGIS.
Why ArcGIS does right but the MAP fails?
Can anyone find the error in the screenshot?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: teflon

Try this: with Notepad, change from comma to point:

Message 3 of 7
teflon

Thanks!

Already done that! But it does not work!

There are three files:

.ewwx

.xml

.ecw (the image)

I changed the commas in .ewwx to points but no success!

I even tried and removed other files away but it still insert the image at wrong coordinates.

Message 4 of 7
hence_the_name

Hi,

when you check the coordinate settings in the "insertion" tab in the "Image Correlation" dialog bôx - are the different from the ones displayed in the "Source" tab?

If so, change the drawing units to Meter and see if that helps (command: _units -afaik).

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 5 of 7
antoniovinci

Maybe Autocad is able to read the embedded header of your georeferenced image, so try to copy ONLY the .ECW to a new folder (without worldfile or other stuff) and _MAPIINSERT it: any changes?

Message 6 of 7
matTech

The images are going to work when you do a FDO connection or use ArcGIS because those methods will reproject or transform the image to match the current coordinate system. The MAPIINSERT command will not transform the imagery on the fly. You would need Raster Design to do what you are asking and the command would be IINSERT. There are two ways of doing what you need to do.

1. Find out the coordinate system of the imagery. Make a new drawing with the coordinate system of the imagery and MAPIINSERT the imagery. Save. Open the drawing you want to insert the imagery into, attach the drawing and do a query from the drawing with the imagery.

2. Create a shapefile with the imagery boundary while using arcgis. Import the shapefile into your drawing and manually pick the points of of entry, scale and rotate.

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

This is why I'm estatic that Raster Design is now included with IDS 2013!

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost