AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run Map3D with Windows 7?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
503 Views, 4 Replies

How to run Map3D with Windows 7?

Hi,

Any assistance with this query would be grateful.  My system upgrade to Windows 7 Pro doesn't seem to support my Map3D 2009.  I am a light user of Map 3D but would like to continue to have the option of running Map3D 2009without any new bells and whisltles that were introduced in later upgrades which I never purchased as they were not required.  This was an expensive piece of software in 2009 and my local reseller is suggesting I will require full upgrade to 2015 Map3D version bascially rendering old software defunct and cost of upgrade as expensive as the first version.  Surely there must be a plugin or bridge that I can use to continue to run the old 2009 version.  I am using limited functions on the Autocad other than opening and converting layers and some minor analysis.  No design or access to online supoprt services. Any help/clarification appreciated.  Thank.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Win Seven is officially supported by Autodesk with 2011 versions ...

But 2010 versions are running well on Win Seven !

Versions 2009 have some problems on Win Seven ...

A (not free) solution is :

- http://www.longbowsoftware.com/

An other (not free) solution is :

- Create a Win XP Pro (authorized) VMWare PC and then run it with VMPlayer (Free)

Q1) Have you tried to install as Win Seven Local Admin : Click and then "Run as Admin" and launch MAP 2009 "Run as Admin" ?

Q2) Standalone "classic" MAP 2009 OR Network FlexLM MAP 2009 ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Pat

Many thanks for your reponse and suggestions.  I will certainly try the local admin option and let you know how it goes.  In reponse to Q2 - Standalone Classic Map3D if that gives you any further insight.  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci

Since you have Win7 Pro, you can legally create a virtual Microsoft XP machine within Seven: check this out.

Message 5 of 5
braudpat

Hello

+1 with Antonio

As far as I know, the Win XP Virtual MSoft PC is very slow and seems to have some strange graphic problems with ACAD ...

But you can test it ... Why not !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost