AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Autocad 2012 MAP 3D x32 on x64 OS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lobilobilobi
2268 Views, 2 Replies

How to install Autocad 2012 MAP 3D x32 on x64 OS

Hello,

Our compagny is developping some applications using Autocad 2008 x32 under Windows XP SP3 x32.

Now we are deploying computers running under Windows 7 x64 with Autocad 2012 MAP 3D and we must continue to develop applications running under x32.

I wish to know if it's possible, and how, to install Autocad 202 MAP 3D x32 under Windows 7 x64.

Thanks! Cat Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

the Map32bit installer will prevent that the program is installed on a 64bit OS. I don't know if there is a technical reason for this but "out of the box" you will not be able to install und run Map 32bit on a 64bit OS.

In the past people hacked the installer to get a 32bit piece of ADSK software installed on a 64bit system. Search in all Autodesk discussion groups for further information on this.

Another - quite unelegant and probaly more costly workaorund is to use a 32bit virtual machine on top of your 64bit host OS.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: lobilobilobi

Still "DEVELOPING" 32-bit-only AutoCAD application? It sounds not making sense, considering AutoCAD 64 bit being available since 2007(Acad2008) and now being 2012 (acad2013). How does the appplication work with AutoCAD 2008? I'd imagine it is most likely the application isdeveloped with MS .NET (since it works with AutoCAD, there little choicce not to use anything else other than .NET). If so, the application most likely can work with both acad 32bit and 64bit, unless the application has to use some 32-bit third party code/component...Even so, since the development is still developing, it makes more sense to get it to work with 64-bit Acad than to try to stay with 32-bit AutoCAD with latest OS and AutoCAD.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost