AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change settings for the Create Reference System tool

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ChazBraz
971 Views, 6 Replies

How to change settings for the Create Reference System tool

I want to use the Create Reference System tool in Map 2012 to put a grid on my layout.  How can I change the settings for the colors and line types, the tick sizes, and the font style?  Are there some settings for this tool that allow me to change those?  I don't use a white background in paper space, and by default everything is coming in black (color 0,0,0).

Thanks, Charles

Charles
Civil 3D 2020
Alienware Aurora R8
Win 10 Pro
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vic-vicoy
in reply to: ChazBraz

Thanks for your post!

Yes that was my concern too.. i hope Autodesk can solve this....

Message 3 of 7
Murph_Map

@ChazBraz wrote:

I want to use the Create Reference System tool in Map 2012 to put a grid on my layout.  How can I change the settings for the colors and line types, the tick sizes, and the font style?  Are there some settings for this tool that allow me to change those?  I don't use a white background in paper space, and by default everything is coming in black (color 0,0,0).

Thanks, Charles

Can you clarify what version of Map/Civil you are using? You stated Map2012 but your signature says Civil2015? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 7
RalphBrown99

Hi Charles,

Did anybody answer the question about how to change the settings of the reference system?

It is funny, I created a reference system for a Viewport and now, using the same file-template, I am having the coordinates-number font bigger, that bad that it does not fit in the layout.

Any solutions?

Regards

Ralph

Message 5 of 7

Take a screenshot of your layout so you can effectively communicate your big font issue.

What city, country is your site? Are you using metric or imperial template? What is your viewport scale? What is the coordinate system assigned to modelspace? What coordinate system was being used at the time the template was created?

You can also try creating the ref system from scratch. Your coordinate system can vary from-drawing-to-drawing. Don't use the template.

Chicagolooper
Message 6 of 7

Hi Looper, thanks for answer my post. I am answering the questions below:

Which city country? Burnaby, Canada

Metric or Imperial: Metric

View Port Scale: 1:50000

Coordinate system in the model space: UTM NAD 83 Zone 10

Coordinate system in the moment of template creation: No datum, no projection

Besides I am sending an screen shot pointing the Fontsize coordinate that I want to change

Regards

Ralph

Message 7 of 7

Select the text then change the text height in the Properties Palette, they are mtext. You can also put the text on its own layer or a named layer and change the color to BYLAYER. For the grid lines, there's no way of manipulating them, unless of course, you are the geek-type that know how to use your keyboard and notepad. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost