AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach text data to the polygon object.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bhoopendra.singh
1774 Views, 4 Replies

How to attach text data to the polygon object.

I have created polygon topology named "polygon" and created a table named "My" as object data. I want to see the text 1, 2, 3, 4 in the field of Un_ID of the Polygon. as shown in the dwg file. I have generated link with the text but it is not showing in the property window. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

>> I want to see the text 1, 2, 3, 4 in the field of Un_ID

What have you done to transfer the text-content to the object data?

If you can upload the drawing we can see what objects are used as label, if there are any dependancies between the text object and the topology.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hello Alfred,

Thanks for your response.

I am going to summarise steps of procedure which I have followed:

1. I have created 4 polygons and created a polygon topology "polygon".
2. I have created four text i.e., 1,2,3,4 in new layer.
3. I have defined object data and created a table "my" and created a field Un_ID with integer type.
4. I have attached object data to the 4 polygons.
5. after that I have generated link and selected enclosed text.

Please let me know if drawing is required for further illustration.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

sorry yes, the drawing is required, because I don't understand the step, how you assign the object data to the "polygon" of a polygonal topology.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

to make my scepticism more understandable:

You have selected a polyline, but you are speaking from polygonal topology

• The polygonal topology can't exist of closed polylines if that are borders to neighbours (in the case every border to every single neighbour would be one single line or polyline element.
  • The polygonal topology exists in your drawing (seen in Map Task Pane), but that is not selected.
  • Your topology has created centroids as points, the text objects are not used as centroids, so the topology does not know anything from the text objects at all.

That might be assumptions (also wrong ones) from your screenshot, and that's why a drawing is needed.

Hope that is not better understandable, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost