AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I plot bing maps from Autocad Map 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cynwalker
3628 Views, 8 Replies

How do I plot bing maps from Autocad Map 2015

Does anyone know how to plot bing maps from Acad Map 2015? I believe it is supposed to work now.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cynwalker

Hi,

after you activated the live-map run command _GEOMAPIMAGE and define an area/rectangle or a viewport as border of an offline-image (which is then stored within the drawing) ... and that can be plotted.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
cynwalker
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Message 4 of 9
edrom
in reply to: cynwalker

I can plot the maps but they are distorted,any suggestions

Message 5 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: edrom

Hi,

>> but they are distorted

Sorry not to know what you mean by "distorted", can you describe it or scan it and upload the scan? There are so many types of "distorted" ... but we don't see what you have in front of you.

As every time when something fails with the plotter I do my tests using the DWF or PDF output and see if plotting to DWF or plotting to PDF creates the same issue. If DWF and PDF look ok, I start playing with my plotter-settings/create a new PC3 for the plotter using the plotter manager/verify the driver for the plotter.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 9
edrom

I guess it is more resolution than distorted.

Message 7 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: edrom

Hi,

>> I guess it is more resolution than distorted.

Yep, that's my feeling too when looking to your uploads.

What you can try:

• use command _GEOMAPIMAGE to capture the map-content into your drawing, then select this object and set it's quality to "fine" (or whatever it's called exactly in English). But be careful ... use the "fine" option only for printing/plotting, otherwise your drawing's filesize might "explode" 😉
  • raise your PDF output resolution to 600 or 1200dpi ... then plot to PDF and forward that PDF to your plotter, would be interesting if that brings up a quality improvement.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9
achebea

OK, now, how can I plot those files created in Autocad 2015 in early versions of Autocad or Autocad Civil 3D?

Is this feature Autocad 2015 -only  even if I cretated the file and stored the map image within the file?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Message 9 of 9
Murph_Map
in reply to: achebea

@achebea wrote:

OK, now, how can I plot those files created in Autocad 2015 in early versions of Autocad or Autocad Civil 3D?

Is this feature Autocad 2015 -only  even if I cretated the file and stored the map image within the file?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

The Bing images is only in 2015/2016 so you can not save the map with the image and have it display in older versions. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost