AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can ı save complex styles for line features?Helpppppppppppppppp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
546 Views, 3 Replies

How can ı save complex styles for line features?Helpppppppppppppppp

Hi everyone,

I have to create complex styles for line features. This features like different road types and stream type.  When ı create my own style like on capture, ı want to import feature styles to other projects.

Please help about this subject. 

In arcgis ı can get largely spread style library for polygon, line or point.

And ı can modify and resave this feature style.

But in Autocad map 3d it s very diffucult.

Please helppppppppppppppppppppppp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
baudins
in reply to: 8643132

Hi,

I think you will find some answers in the following article:

http://topobaseinsiders.typepad.com/the_topobase_insiders/2010/01/enhanced-stylization-line-styles.h...

Kind regards,

Sébastien Baudin

Autodesk Support Team

Message 3 of 4
bingeomatics
in reply to: 8643132

If you want to use your line styles or other symbols, you can first save your GIS layer as "layer" file right clicking on the GIS layer. And after it, you can import this "layer" file in other projects.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: bingeomatics

one way..  create a .layer with one item styled as you like , ie a section of road line styled.  Copy that file and paste the  .layer file in windows explorer and change the name of the copy to preserve your orignal for another use., then drag & drop that into a map.  Right click the  layer in Display manager and create a new object.  the new object will acquire the style.  or if you have dwg objects select  create new feature from geometry  , select the objects and they will acquire the styling.  You could map import a sdf or shp and qselect and add it to the style layer this way.  erase the object you dropped into the map to remove it from the data set and check in.

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost