AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide a raster

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bingeomatics
695 Views, 12 Replies

Hide a raster

Hi !

In AutoCAD Map 2013 I opened a georeferenced raster image by using FDO.

How can I hide unnecessary area of the raster map. In Raster Design has several functions to do this operation. But it work only then when you open it by Raster Design INSERT command. In FDO how can I do it?

Thanks all!

Binnat Khalilov
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
antoniovinci
in reply to: bingeomatics

Did you just try the _WIPEOUT command..?

Message 3 of 13
bingeomatics
in reply to: antoniovinci

No. _wipeout hides only inside area of raster. In AutoCAD has CLIP and In Raster Design has CROP commands. I want to apply  crop or clip to raster. Do you know any AutoCAD Map command like crop or clip for the FDO objects?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 13
antoniovinci

I meant: use some wipeouts to hide "around" the center of the image, then put off the wipeout frames, and you're done.
Check the attached out: before => in the meanwhile => after...

Message 5 of 13
bingeomatics

antoniovinci, thank you very much. It is a good methot.

But, I want to know from moderators are there rational commands to do this by AutoCAD Map?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 6 of 13
antoniovinci

bingeomatics wrote:

I want to know from moderators

Waiting for the moderators' answer (I can't stop chucklin', man..), let me show you an advanced wipeout technique.

As you saw, you can use some rectangular wipeouts to mask your image around the center: the result is very fast, but straight.

What about clipping by exact geographical border, like this red one?

To do that, you should only break the border in 2 points, and "build" two new closed polylines:

Now you can apply the _WIPEOUT command:

Finally you switch their frames off:

Message 7 of 13
bingeomatics

But,  my rasters are scanned several topographical maps and I want to hide these outeside from geographic frame. If I will apply wipeouts neighbour maps will above wipeouts. too.

Binnat Khalilov
Message 8 of 13
antoniovinci

Here's the two drawbacks when hiding with wipeouts:

1. even if you mask some parts of an image, it stays completely in memory
  2. the resulting hidden image is not georeferenced, because it still "belongs" to the entire one.

To resolve this issue, I advise to clip by shape with the opensource Qgis: in the attached file (Elba island, West Italy, EPSG:23032) a Geotiff "before", the clipping shapefile, and the Geotiff "after".

If you load the clipped Geotiff in Acad, and switch its transparency ON in the props, only the land will be opaque.

Message 9 of 13
bingeomatics

Hmmm, antoniovinci, thank you very much to try help me.

I understood that if I want to use a raster, I must to clip the raster by Autodesk Raster Desig beforehand and only after it I can open the raster in FDO. Am I right?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 10 of 13
antoniovinci

I don't know RD, so I can't say if it's able to clip a geo-raster, and save it with full georeferency as Qgis does: maybe you'd post here, sir.

Message 11 of 13
bingeomatics

I know RD and I have did crop raster many times. It works good.

I need often to look at little areas of big rasters provisionally (temperary) in AutoCAD Map every day. I thought that whether has a way to open raster in FDO without cropping in Raster Design. It takes many times.

Thank you, antoniovinci1

Binnat Khalilov
Message 12 of 13
parkr4st

have you used named views?  Easy way to navigate to small areas of your map.

Dave

Message 13 of 13
bingeomatics
in reply to: parkr4st

No, I don't need navigate in the model. I need to hide raster parts provisionally.

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost