AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Loading 3D Modeling Workspace in Map3D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
polarissnox03
847 Views, 5 Replies

Help Loading 3D Modeling Workspace in Map3D

Curious as to how to load the 3D Modeling workspace so that I can access the editing features and whatnot without having to type in the commands.  I have seen a few different questions dealing with this issue, they pretty much said to into the "custom user interface", click on the transer tab and then path to the support folder where you would load the "acad.cuix"  file and drag the 3D Modeling Workspace over to the left hand side.  The issue I'm having is that when I path to the folder with all the different ".cuix" files there isn't a plain "acad.cuix" file to be found and none of the other options offer any sort of 3D Modeling Workspace? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jfactory
in reply to: polarissnox03

I'm having this same issue.  As a workaround, I've created a new workspace '3D Modeling' and in the 'Customize' section I am transferring Ribbon tabs over from 'All Customization Files' to my new one.  I'm selecting the ones that seem to fit best; i.e. Home - 3D Basics, Mesh, Surface Modeling, etc.

It would be MUCH easier if there was a cuix file I could load.  But it doesn't seem that way for AutoCAD Map 3D 2013.

Message 3 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: Jfactory

Hello

I think taht an other solution would be to get (and use) CUIX files comming from a standard AutoCAD ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Jfactory
in reply to: polarissnox03

Well from finding other threads about this issue; this blog is helpful geoExpressions blog

However, ACAD Map 2013 is different than 2010.  .cuix files can be found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 2013\UserDataCache\en-us\Support

Also there seems to be some files, including the default file (which is probably why I couldn't find the other ones till now) located here:

C:\Users\johnsmith\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

Anyway, I know this reply is most likely too late to help OP but I thought I'd post what could be an update to the other threads that talk about the blog.

Message 5 of 6
Jfactory

Okay the most helpful thing I've found is from docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/readme-map.html

Running AutoCAD Map 3D as AutoCAD

You can use the MENU command to run AutoCAD Map 3D as AutoCAD.

To Run AutoCAD Map 3D as AutoCAD:

1.    At the Command line, enter MENU.

2.    In the Select Customization File dialog box, select acad.CUIX.

Using the CUI command or the 'Workspace Settings' has been a pain.  This Menu thing is easy.

Message 6 of 6
Jfactory

One last thing. Sorry for all the posts but it's been frustrating for me figuring out how to customize stuff then I messed it up so I would like to help anyone else if someday they'll be looking for a similar solution.

The two locations I mentioned before each have a Map.cuix.  So if you mess up one, just copy it over to the other spot.

CUILOAD is great as is MENU.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost