AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! - Idiots Guide to Network Install

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jlo2009
513 Views, 3 Replies

HELP! - Idiots Guide to Network Install

Can some please help me to get my IT "support" to install a network version of 32 bit Map 3D 2011. My desk PC is Windows XP.

Here is what I know:

I have been using Map 3D 2008 for a couple of years now on this PC.

The local Authority I work for is on an Autodesk Subscription Contract.

We have an official Map 3D2011 disc.

I have a trial version of Map 3D 2011 installed on my local PC with 10 days to run.

The serial number supplied by IT will not activate the product and gives an error message along the lines of - The serial No. you are trying to use is for a network version of this product.

We have subsequently been sent a licence file.

IT came back and reinstalled the trial version on the PC from the disc and still have the same problem with the serial number.

I am extremely frustrated with IT over this 3 week long process. Previous install of Map 2008 was from Network but they cant seem to work out what to do this time.

Can anyone please provide a "For Dummies" guide to how these guys can install the above on a network (and thereafter to mine and a few other PCs) and where to put the licence file etc.

Question - does the licence file contain the serial number that should be used with the product? When I opened the licence file with notepad there was a line of text that looked like a serial number 391-xxxxxx.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

JLo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: jlo2009

The Network version require the license manger to be installed on a server tat is accessible to all the users that will be using AutoCAD MAP3D. If you already have 2008 installed as a network then you have a license manager installed, HOWEVER you need to uninstall that one and install the 2011 version, they do not work with both installed. Then after its is installed you need to create a deployment (image) to install MAP3D on the workstation. All the documentations, even the for dummies stuff, in on the DVD, tell the IT guy to read it, print it off and follow the directions and pictures.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

My IT staff liked these videos.

Network Install of AutoCAD Based 2011 Products

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqjlttjDLg

Jay

Message 4 of 4
jlo2009
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Murph and Jay. I will pass on that info and see what happens next.

The YouTube vids look good too.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost