AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heights from shape files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dom666
396 Views, 4 Replies

heights from shape files

Hi all,

I have for days now tried to export a 3d polyline from Autocad Map3d into ArcGis so that i may be able to view a height any where along the polyline. I just keep getting a height of zero. Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? This is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Dom666

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dom666

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

If you have your dialog open (command _MAPEXPORT after defining the filename to export) you can go to the third tab, there you have a button for "driver options", click it and select "3D-Shape-File".

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I've no Autocad at home to test it with 3Dpolys, but another way would be _MAPEXPORTing 'em with the geometric "Elevation" as attribute.

Message 4 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: dom666

what is the use you are trying for?  For the cursor to follow along a 3dpline and you can watch the z coordinate change on the lower left of the screen?

using DIVIDE space points along the line.  selecting the 3dpl the cursor will stop at those points and return the elevation at each point.  The more divisions, the more points generated.

mapexport the points to  3d shp with   x1   y1  z1 will put those data in the data table and then you can query for certain z values.

dave

Message 5 of 5
dom666
in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks

Sent from my SG III 4G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost