AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch edit, 2012, how do I...?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stevedb
585 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch edit, 2012, how do I...?

Hi all.

Just got 2012 the other day, and as I'm working through a few of the things, I wanted to know if it's possible to solve a specific problem. This has been a long standing issue, and I never quite solved it in 2007 or 2009's versions.

In the image below, I've got a circle that straddles a boundary for a hatch. I want to include a PART that circle as a hatch boundary. In the rectangular image benath the larger one, I've included it, and how have a hatch element included in the portion of the circle beneath my primary hatch boundary.

How do I prevent this from happening?

I did expand out the hatch window utility, and selected outer (as opposed to the default- inner), but that did not work either.

HatchEditA.JPG

TYIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stevedb
in reply to: stevedb

wow.... 43 views and not one response?

So, does this mean it cannot be done?

Or that the answer is so obvious to everyone else, and I'm just not seeing what's right in front of me?

Message 3 of 4
dwolford
in reply to: stevedb

Is the image below what you are trying to accomplish?  If so delete your current hatch.  Create a new hatch and select the empty spots above and below the thick polyline.  If you have to create multiple hatch objects.

Dan

hatch.png

Message 4 of 4
stevedb
in reply to: dwolford

Hi D.

Thank you very much for the response.

oh.... it does work..... Smiley Embarassed

it didn't work that way in previous versions.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost