AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRID dissapearing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
749 Views, 3 Replies

GRID dissapearing

Hi all,

In looking for a way to overlay a grid in model workspace I found the GRID command. It seems great except that when I type Snap after GRID it either dissapears or reverts to a tiny grid. This grid does not seem stable and I really would like something that remains as I set it up. I need a grid in model space for georefererencing so I am not looking for just a layout grid.

Also, if I am misunderstanding the Snap feature of GRID then how do I get it to snap to the grid?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Then snap with grid sets what the snap to distance, If the grid resizes after you set the snap distance then the grid size and the snap size are too far about. If that makes sense? 

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-7EC38AD6-FA34-4115-9E1C-6F13E1BA...

The best way is create a new layer, draw one line vertical and one horizonal then use the array command and make you own grid. Set AUTOSNAP to intersection and draw away. Then you can always turn off the layer you created the grid on to get rid of it's display. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

Then snap with grid sets what the snap to distance, If the grid resizes after you set the snap distance then the grid size and the snap size are too far about. If that makes sense?

From the article:

Snap

Sets the grid spacing to the snap interval specified by the SNAP command.

That is weird. Is there a way just to turn snap on and off? To be honest I don't understand what the difference between snap internal and grid spacing is. I must say I was looking for a software feature to make it easy to use a grid without always inserting a layer (I have hundreds of separate files). The main issue with a layer of objects is that I often select the lines by mistake. Is it possible to make a block of construction lines?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So the strange behavious is explained by that SNAP thing and this toigether. It helped.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost