AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green areas in PDF with raster image

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
HermannJosefLiesenfeld8096
1889 Views, 6 Replies

Green areas in PDF with raster image

Hello,

I have a problem with a drawing, containing aerial images.

1. Drawing

If I try to plot it as PDF, using "Adobe PDF" or "PDF-Creator" as printer, I see green areas in my PDF. Here the result:

2.Adobe_PDF

If I use the AutoCAD Printer "DWG to PDF.pc3", there is no problem. Here the result:

3. DWG to PDF

For the creating of PDF files I can use the AutoCAD printer, that is no problem, but I have the same Problem if i try to plot a drawing with aerial images on a Plotter (HP 1050C) or any other printer in our office.

Here are the specification of our worstation:

4.System

I hope you have a solution for this problem.

Best regards,

Thomas

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Why don't you simply print (on the HP plotter) the .PDF by "DWG to PDF.pc3"..?

Message 3 of 7

Because I have to create a PDF file first, every time I want to plot something containig an aerial image.

In our old AutoCAD 2007 we didn't have any problems!

Is it possible that I have to change something in my Plotter-settings?

Message 4 of 7

HermannJosefLiesenfeld8096 wrote:

Is it possible that I have to change something in my Plotter-settings?

To answer to such a question, liebe Herr, you should send the correct PDF to your plotter, period.

Depending on this simple test, we'll be able to judge what's going on.

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I would verify the filetype (for your raster file), if you are using ECW ... does it help to use TIFF instead?

Have you referenced that images using FDO or MAPIINSERT?

Have you activated transparency?

What visual style did you asign to your viewport?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7

The filetype is png. The pictures come from the plugin Pleax.Earth 3. They were automatically georeferenced by this tool. Transparency is on. I also tried to insert jpg instead of png with the same result.
I've uploaded the DWG, the PDF and the aerial images (PDF was created with Adobe PDF printer).

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7530782/Test.zip.html

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I don't know the application you use (Plex.Earth), but I guess the problem is based on how that application does the image referencing. If you look to your drawing, select one image-object by clicking onto it's border and then move it away. The result is that every of these 4 images have the same bordersize, but only part of the border is filled with pixels.

Look to that screenshot were I moved that images by one image-height/image-width so you see the image-border is bigger than the image itself and they have a really big part of "empty" area.

2013-05-01 16-37-44.png

If we now think about how overlayed images have to be plotted this application assumes that an image has something like an alpha channel (and yes, they are saved with 32bit), but having overlapping images means now it depends on the sorting of the images (command _DRAWORDER) how they are sent out to the destination. If the destination does not know how to work with alpha it may result in problems .... that's were you are.

And last but not least, open your PDF with a really slow pc ==> you will see that there is not one image with a green part, no, there are all images in it regenerating one after the other and green should be transparent, but not correct interpreted from the driver.

At least I guess you are right, the drivers are different working in that case, green is wrong. BUT I would never ever try to use images with empty area's ... that is really unusual!

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost