AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS cameras and AutoCAD Map

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Neil47
571 Views, 3 Replies

GPS cameras and AutoCAD Map

Does anyone have experience of GPS cameras and getting the image or a link to the image into Autocad? I understand that the camera stamps the image's metadata with the co-ordinate location and want to find out if Map can use this metadata to geo-reference the image or place an AutoCAD enitity at the co-ordinate location.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neil
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JCanaan
in reply to: Neil47

We are wanting to do the same? Have you found out which camera is best to enable this process? Just starting the research myself.

Message 3 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: JCanaan

canaanj wrote:

Have you found out which camera is best to enable this process?

After 4 years from the first post, I think the OP found it out, sir... 

Anyway, I'm also looking for such a feature, I mean reading the EXIF lat/long coordinates, to put the photos in the right place inside a DWG.

Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: Neil47

If you were to consider third party software, MapWorks Base will let you select multiple images containing EXIF informatiion and it places camera blocks in the projected coordinate system (image coordinates are lat/long).  If the camera contained a compass the camera block will be rotated in that direction.  A hyperlink is added so you can quickly open the image from the drawing and other photo properties can populate attributes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost