AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georeferencing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
477 Views, 7 Replies

Georeferencing

Having read a few forum posts I think the following is true;

1. You can't georeference in AutoCAD, and I think Map 3D too.
  2. You can import a georeferenced image though.
  3. And you could rubbersheet an image in Map3D

So, how do I import a plain image? Or do I simply use 'mapiinsert' like with a georeferenced image and then rubbersheet? 

Please tell me rubbersheeting does in fact distort the image to give it the correct dimensions? Can I manually input the coords for the rubbersheeting?

Elizabeth

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

1. You can't georeference in AutoCAD, and I think Map 3D too.

What version of what software do you have?

1. You can import a georeferenced image though.

You can insert through several commands and data connect also

1. And you could rubbersheet an image in Map3D

With raster design for sure

So, how do I import a plain image? Or do I simply use 'mapiinsert' like with a georeferenced image and then rubbersheet?

if you insert a georefernced image it should be to scale and correctly postioned.  rubbersheeting will distort your data.

Perhaps you can provide an image you are working with and explain why you want to rubbersheet

Message 3 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: parkr4st

parkr4st wrote:
What version of what software do you have?

It doesn't matter, sir: check this out.

Message 4 of 8
parkr4st
in reply to: antoniovinci

antonio

--which can automatically reposition raster images used in a drawing to the position defined in the images' World files.--

does that work on files without the accompanying world file? 

op mentions a "plain image" such as your profile pic without world file for example.

Thanks

Dave

Message 5 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: parkr4st

parkr4st wrote:

does that work on files without the accompanying world file?

Definitely yes, Dave.

You can even load the photo of your dog, then calibrate it with the command _ALIGN, and finally the tool will create the suitable worldfile.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

Yes the image has no georeferencing so I need to georeference it. I can't upload the plans as they are company data but just imagine a scanned map with lines and shapes. There will be some distortion though because of the scanning and the reproduction over years.

Antonio, that addon you linked to is for AutoCAD right? I am using Map 3D as in the name of this forum. Also, I have Raster Design installed.

I have done some work since posting this and worked out that the rubbersheeting on the ribbon (IRSHEET) is useless but that ADERSHEET is great. I think I can manage to georeference just using that and the grid lines on our plans.

Anyone know how do I save the georefeferenced data out once I am done? I would like to be able to save the info in a repeatable manner if possible as I have to process lots of images. 

Message 7 of 8
parkr4st

Make a copy of the original image and store it with a different name or in a different directory to make sure you retain a original version just in case.

command iworldout  will create two files, the image as *.gif & the *.gfw world file

I would give Antonio's recommendation a try as it give you could more choices in the output.  I have never used it so refer back to him for the details.

Dave

Message 8 of 8
antoniovinci

GPSJane wrote:
Antonio, that addon you linked to is for AutoCAD right? I am using Map 3D as in the name of this forum.

Since Autocad Map contains all "vanilla" Autocad, it means the add-on will work perfectly on Map as well.
In my opinion, that tool is one of the three best free Lisp ever...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost