AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geomarker and Zoom Extents Screwed up

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MEastley
1090 Views, 9 Replies

Geomarker and Zoom Extents Screwed up

Having some issues with my Map 3D project.  When I used to work with this file the Geomarker was right in the center of my map project when I did a top view it showed the full extents.  I had an AutoCAD Crash and now the geomarker is far out and now when I do a top view of the project it zooms out to an infinite distance.  Is there a setting in AutoCAD that fixes this because I've had this happen before but I can't figure out how to fix this.  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
parkr4st
in reply to: MEastley

what caused the crash?  what is "far out"?  Does Ctrl A highlight anything in the far outer fringes of the infinite distance?

What version of Map?

Message 3 of 10
MEastley
in reply to: parkr4st

The crash was caused by a Fatal Error on my AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 program, which I reinstalled.  The extents should normally be 1:50,000 for this project but now the far out extents is 8.45 X 10 to the power of 20.  Doing the Ctrl A function didn't show anything outside the extents.  Could this be a setting that is causing the project to use a world perspective for the zoom, rather than the local extents?

Message 4 of 10
antoniovinci

Set GEOMARKERVISIBILITY=0, save all, restart computer, reopen the drawing, set GEOMARKERVISIBILITY=1, zoom extents: any changes?

Message 5 of 10
MEastley

Doesn't fix the issue.

Message 6 of 10
MEastley

Seems to be GEOGRAPHICLOCATION is causing the issue, but when I'm trying to change it to my correct settings, it's not working and reverts back to the incorrect setting.

Message 7 of 10
SethHall

Have you checked the coordinate systems of your drawing and all of your connections? Are they all intact and correct still?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 8 of 10
MEastley
in reply to: SethHall

I checked the map coordinate system as well as the coordinate system assigned to the Data and they are all assigned the correct coordinate system of UTM NAD83 Zone 14 Meter.  I also checked to see if there was any data that was outside causing the zoomed out projection of 10 to the power of 20 and there is nothing.  Any other suggestions?

Message 9 of 10
SethHall

Unfortunately it sounds like the drawing became corrupted, possibly due to the crash that was suffered. Just to be clear, this isn't effecting any other drawings, is it?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 10 of 10
MEastley
in reply to: SethHall

The other drawings aren't affected by this.  Will rebuild file.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost