AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geomap extent

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rmacan
647 Views, 3 Replies

Geomap extent

Hi all,

I've noticed that using the GEOMAP command to view Bing Imagery has a limitation, unless I'm overlooking the obvious.  I would like to give it an extent so it will only stream in data in a window region I provide, and bridge across adjacent coordinate system zones. 

What if my area of study is on the state line, like the Colorado/Kansas line?  If I use UTM83-13, I can only see the image under Colorado.  If I use UTM83-14, I can only see imagery for Kansas.  The same applies if I use either State Plane coordinate system, KS83 or CO83. 

I suppose I'm asking for this:  I assign a coordinate system to my drawing file.  Define a window for boundary extents.  The Bing imagery streams into this window completely, without trimming it at the State line/UTM zone.  This would also solve a problem of the imagery displaying under my legend and sketches/notes/tables off to the side in my map.  

So once again, am I overlooking something in MAP 3D 2015 that does this already?  Does anyone else have a workaround for this or anything they'd like to contribute?       

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: rmacan

Working on the KY/TN state line area I use TN83F (Tn state coordinates) it displays the bing maps over the state line with no issues. If I need just a set area I do a capture of that area with the bing map tools. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
rmacan
in reply to: Murph_Map

Thanks Murph,

In searching to find out more about Bing map tools, I discovered this from an Autodesk article from the past November.  It appears there is a similar workaround by altering the Useful Range in a copy of the assigned coordinate system.  So I learned something first thing this morning on the first cup of coffee!  Here's the article:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

BTW, the Bing map tools you mentioned, is that the PlexEarth tools or are you referring something else? 

Randy

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: rmacan

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Murph,

BTW, the Bing map tools you mentioned, is that the PlexEarth tools or are you referring something else? 

Randy

It's an Autocad tool that is in 2015 versions only. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost