AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geomap captured image able to display in previous versions of autocad?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jgray
944 Views, 2 Replies

Geomap captured image able to display in previous versions of autocad?

Hey guys,

Probally missing something obvious, but I am running autocad map 2015 and have a guy sitting next to me on autocad map 2014 and I have loaded in a geomap and then captured an area. I wish for him on his 2014 autocad map to be able to see my captured area, but it does not show. I see that the size of the drawing has increased signficantly and that there is a box showing the boundary of the captured image, but when he selects it, the properties lists it as a "proxy_object". Is there something I can do to make it so that he can see this captured image? We have a lot of clients using much older versions of autocad and would to be able to share with them captured images, is this possible, is there something I need to change when I save the drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jgray

Hi,

sorry, that captured image is new for AutoCAD and only available beginning with 2015.

As you see in older versions it's a proxy object (something like unknown object), and can't be visualized with older releases.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
LyleHardin
in reply to: jgray

One thing you can do is print your 2015 captured area to a high res jpg, (Or save a similar image from Google Earth) then bring it back into your drawing as a referenced image. Then anyone with AutoCAD earlier than 2015 (within reason) can see it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost