AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geodesic datum parameters

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bingeomatics
1060 Views, 8 Replies

Geodesic datum parameters

Hi, everyone!

I have a problem with coordinate systems. I use AutoCAD Map 2013. In my programm I have creat a new datum transformation parameterers (for our contry) from the WGS-84 to Pulkovo-42 using Bursa-Wolf method. But when I look View from the Library all my parameters showns zero. Who had a problem like that and how can I solve the problem. In other dialogues I have read like that problems, but didn't finde any way to resolve.

Below I have put a screeprint:

http://s017.radikal.ru/i420/1209/05/ee9cfc9ebd33.jpg

wkt.JPG

Binnat Khalilov
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
antoniovinci
in reply to: bingeomatics

Why did you create it manually?

Please paste here the original .PRJ, maybe there's a way to transform it automatically, sir.

Message 3 of 9
bingeomatics
in reply to: antoniovinci

What is a .PRJ file? How can I do it?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 4 of 9
antoniovinci
Message 5 of 9
bingeomatics

antoniovinci, I didn't use a shape file and I don't reproject my dates. I want to know why in that window have not my customer parameters and all parameters are zero. Perhabs, datum changing not correctly works?

Binnat Khalilov
Message 6 of 9
antoniovinci

Again, you must not create anything manually, because very probably your CRS already exists.

For example, here's my Pulkowo 1942 coordinate reference system.

You should speak with a collegue with cartographic experience, and ask him what's your EPSG code (unless he has the right .PRJ).

To learn more about the _ADEDEFCRDSYS command, read this topic.

Message 7 of 9
bingeomatics

All abut you speake I know. And I am geomatics (cartography) engineer.

Problem in that I cann't use default 7 parameters in AutoCAD Map or in EPSG. Because, for our country has own 7 parameters of changing geodesic datum from WGS-84 to Pulkovo-42. I don't create a new Pulkovo datum. I only want to creat datum changing parameter between these datums. In AutoCAd Map I did it and during creating was not a problem and all process shown normally. But when I look to View window in WKT all 7 Bursa-Wolf parameters are zero.....

Binnat Khalilov
Message 8 of 9
antoniovinci

bingeomatics wrote:
  • What is a .PRJ file? How can I do it? ... And I am geomatics (cartography) engineer
  • I don't create a new Pulkovo datum ... I only want to creat datum

Well, too many contradictions, sir.
I'm a technician, not a damned fortune-teller, so without data I cannot simulate your scenario to help you, I'm sorry...

Message 9 of 9
bingeomatics

antoniovinci,

1) I know generaly what is a PRJ in ESRI shape file. I considered that PRJ which you said about a new term in AutoCAD Map

2)In really I want to creat a transformation parameters between two datums and I could do it. But only ZERO in WKT was err (I was mistaken) me....

3) Now I have find the problem, too: when you creat your own transformation parameters, it works. We must not pay attention to these ZERO. Because, I have tested it and compare with other GIS programms for several points. But, at the moment these ZERO are undecided for me.....

4) antoniovinci, for all I am very much obliged to you!

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost