AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic CADD

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
robertm
6176 Views, 23 Replies

Generic CADD

I have an old Generic CADD .gcd file. Unfortunately the original software is on floppy disks and I don't have an "A drive" so I can't load the program and convert the files to a .dxf. Is there any utility out there that can convert a .gcd file to .dwg?
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
thellene_wit
in reply to: robertm

I hate to revive an old thread like this, but is there anyone that might be able to send me the file converter?

Message 22 of 24
Peohguy
in reply to: thellene_wit

If you haven't received it from anyone else I may be able to send you a copy.  Since I now have an apple mac computer I can't use Generic Cadd anymore. but i may be able to retrieve the file from my external drive and send it to you.  I have both Level 3 and CADD6.  But since it's been soo long since I've used them, give me a hint as to what the file name or extension is.

Best regards,

Peohguy

Message 23 of 24
gthunter
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also attempting to convert some older gcd drawings to dwg files. the problem I'm running into is I also do not have a floppy disk drive. If you could send the software to gthunter@hwws.us it would be greatly appericated!

Message 24 of 24
warrudaB7KSK
in reply to: gthunter

Hello,

I was looking for an easy way to convert my old files .gcd to another file type, just like .dxf or .dwg and ended up in this forum to this post.

Can anyone please send me the utility?

Thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost