AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet Preview sometimes don't show

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeffmorris
3042 Views, 4 Replies

Fillet Preview sometimes don't show

I have AutoCAD Map 3D 2013. Sometimes the fillet preview doesn't work. The fillet preview is supposed to work like this:

After setting the radius of the fillet, click on one line.

Move the cursor to other line to be filleted and wait for the preview of the fillet to appear.

If the preview of the fillet looks good, click on other line to create the fillet.

If the preview of the fillet doesn't look good, change the radius of the fillet and try again.

How can I fix this? I think that there is a variable that needs to be set.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: jeffmorris

I don't know of any variable that controls it. I even check dragmode and perspective views to see if they had an effect on it. I say it ay be your video display causing it to happen.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
jeffmorris

I found out that "Selection Preview" options were not checked in Options/Selection dialog box. I checked them and the filet preview shows.

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

Never would of thought that one, thanks for posting the solution back.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
searsdesign

I had some trouble with this today. The culprit seems to have been that Layer 0 was locked. I wasn't drawing on Layer 0, but it seems to have affected the fillet preview anyway. When I unlocked Layer 0, previews worked as they should, but I wasn't able to replicate the problem by locking Layer 0 again... so ?

Fillet previews don't show if you are trying to fillet from a locked object, so maybe AutoCAD got mixed up about layers, or VP display options.

(Side note: when I switched to paper space, the previews worked; they just wouldn't display in model space....Maybe they were black and didn't show against the black MS background?)

So... if setting SELECTIONPREVIEW to 2 or 3 doesn't solve the issue, check the layers. Make sure Layer 0 is unlocked, thawed, on and doesn't have any viewport overrides. You might also check Defpoints for similar issues. Try a fillet in paper space and in floating model space and see if that hints at the cause of the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost