AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Conversation HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
365 Views, 4 Replies

File Conversation HELP!

Hi there,

Need some help.  I have AutoCAD map3D (2009) but dont tend to need it regualiry.  However, I have been given an aautocad file from a third party but when I open the file (from  an online  download source), a pop-up appears stating tha;

"The DWG file cannot be opened because it was created with a more recent version of autocad.  Download the DWG TrusConvert to translate to different version of DWG files".

If I click 'OK' a blank file/screen appears in my autocad. I have downloaded the DWG True Convert the first time but this did not work.

I assumed that this was because the autocad file was prepared later than my 2009 edition so when I asked the sender to resend it in a version compatible with earlier (2009) editions, the same pop-up and issue arises.

There should be no beed to use the DWG TrueCOnvert on the second file if it was saved compatible with my autoCAD earlier version? My autocad programme is working and can open other files.

HELP!  I would be gratful for any asistance on this

Thanks

Ger

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

if it is a basic cad dwg have them send you a .dxf

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

.dxf?

Message 4 of 5
parkr4st

file, save as, select file type as .dxf.  you can open it and then save as a .dwg in your current version.

check help for save as .dxf.

dave

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

wow! I will try that.  Many thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost