AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature cache issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Propertyguy
464 Views, 5 Replies

Feature cache issue

Anyone ever see this message in any of your drawings working in an sdf format

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

no, I have not seen that message yet. But searching in www gives that results >>>click<<<, have you seen them?

What I could imagine is that either the structure of the SDF has defects, that could be tried to repair by using _MAPIMPORT and _MAPEXPORT, just to test the data and create a new (purged) dataset (don't forget the attributive data to import/export using Map3D Object Data).

Another idea is to start _MAPOPTIONS ==> tab "System" and clean the cache.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

I use the MAPIMPORT and _MAPEXPORT as you have mentioned...I am working in AutoCad 2012.

I do not see a clean cache in the System tab...any idea where I might be missing this

Thank you for reseponding

Greg

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> I do not see a clean cache in the System tab

I can only show a screenshot with the German UI, start command _MAPOPTIONS and try to follow that:

2013-07-22 17-40-59.png

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
phil_borycens
in reply to: Propertyguy

Hi there,

We had another user ask about this many years ago...after narrowing it down, it was determined to be an issue specific to a certain machine and Windows user account. So here are some things you might try:

• Run AutoCAD Map 3D As Admininstrator (just right-click the program's shortcut and launch it that way).
  • If you are pulling files from a network location, ensure that you have full permissions to that folder.
  • Look for existing GWS files in your folder and delete them (it's totally safe to do so).

Let us know if something resolves the issue for you.

And thanks Alfred for your suggestions - the clearing cache might be the solution here! Let's see...

Phil Borycens
Message 6 of 6
philrue
in reply to: Propertyguy

I get that message all the time, (using oracle or ArcSDE connections).  What clears it for me, is to go into data connect, and disconnect from the fdo data source or sdf in your case, and then reconnect.  Then on your layer in display manager right click and refresh.  This generally happens when a server reboot has been done or your connection has been lost.  Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  If that doesn't work.  Go to C>ProgramData>Autoddesk>AutoCADMap3D2013>R19.0>MapCache>find the latest .xml file with the ------------GWS.xml listing and delete it.  You will have to restart Map3D.  Good luck Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost