AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO Raster Connection

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Paul_RATKUN
1674 Views, 11 Replies

FDO Raster Connection

Please Help

I have an FDO connected Raster Aerial Photo (ECW) loaded underneath some mapping data, however I only want the photo to plot on 1 of my 6 layouts which i created. How can I do this or is there an alternative I can try. I need to Plot the 6 Layouts into 1 multi page PDF (one being with the Aerial Photo). I am using the DWG To PDF printer.

Regards

Paul

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Murph_Map
in reply to: Paul_RATKUN

Install the Raster Design OE (2011 version is here ) Then use the Map Image Insert command to insert the image on it's own AutoCAD Layer and turn that layer off in the layout viewport you do not need to see it in.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Or, you can add the raster image to a "Feature" layer in the Display Manager panel.  

Right click in the Display Manager in a blank area.  Select "Data -> Add Drawing Data -> Raster Image" and then you can control the display of imagery with all of your other FDO connections.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should also state that I'd prefer to generate prints from a MapIInsert or Raster inserted image versus FDO.  Pay close attention to FDO rasters in a layout / paper space - they appear to have a tendency to "wander"  But that's another topic.

Message 5 of 12
Murph_Map

Todd, you still have to use the mapiinsert command for that. "Hint" add drawing object = anything NOT from data connect. Also try to control the display of two or more feature layers from FDO in 2 viewports (with out setting up thresholds and scale ranges) turn one off in one view port and then on in another with the display manager, compare the two viewports/layouts. They look the same.  : (

Murph
Message 6 of 12
Paul_RATKUN

Thanks for all you advice people. Had one of our IT guys install the AutoCAD Raster Design OE. Inserted the image through MAPIINSERT and worked a treat. Just have to remember that those who are viewing this DWG file will need to have this add-on installed if they are to see the image, else they just see the photo frame extents It also appears that you can navigate much faster around your model space with an image connected in this fashion rather than FDO

Much Appreciated

Paul

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks, Murph.

hence my prior submittal on the "wishlist" for independent FDO display control for viewports - vote now & vote often 🙂

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I should say that my comment on the adding the images from MapIInsert to display manager is just another tool to be able to turn visibiliy on/off - not so much of an issue with the context sensitive images ribbon tab.  But it is another way to mess with someone's mind for where visibility is controlled.  You know we have to have 3 or 4 ways to do anything as a way to confuse the masses 😉

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

thx for the help.  this thread addresses my problem also.  but two follow ups:

that raster OE link doesn't go anywhere.  how do you vote for the raster controls in fdo?

Message 10 of 12
Murph_Map

The Raster Design OE has links here, select the version 2010, 2011 of MAP3D you are using.

The wish list is over on AUGI should be in the forums. Don't know if it works or not right now.

Murph
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul_RATKUN

Thanks, Murph!

I'll likely be cutting back from the discussion groups as I left my position with an VAR/ATC yesterday and will be returning to the engineering realm next week - better use of my P.E.

I appreciate being able to learn some of the tricks vicariously through your responses!

Ciao

TdH.

Message 12 of 12
Katie.Jacques

There is a Map 3D Wishes forum where any wish list items should be listed - it's what our dev teams look at and where support directs folks.  Thanks!

Katie Jacques
Product Support Technical Lead - GIS
Global Subscription and Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost