AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO image not plotting right

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
michel_trottier
359 Views, 6 Replies

FDO image not plotting right

Hi,

I have attached a FDO image and created two differents views in paperspace. One at 1:7500 and the other one at 1:2500. All is good until i want to plot the drawing. The native dwg objects are plotted right but the FDO image is plotted at the same scale in both mviews ??

Thanks for the help.

Michel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

what version of Map3D are you using?

What type of raster-file(s) did you connect to? And have you tried it with other raster-formats?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Map 2012 and its a tif file with UTM83-17 coordinate system convert to CSRS.UTM-7N

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

verify first that you are using the current servicepack (>>>click<<<)

Next try to disconnect the TIFF(s) and use command _MAPIINSERT instead of _MAPCONNECT to get the images referenced. Then verify the plot situation again.

Last but not least try the same situation in a new drawing-file, just to make sure it's not file dependent.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

+1 with Alfred

1) Please install the Latest Service Pack

2) When you get some "strange" things with images inserted with FDO technology

Try to use the "standard" technology : MAPIINSERT

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

Seems to be related to the mviews or something, but would like to find why. I'll keep you posted if i can find the solution.

Message 7 of 7

Same thing happend with FDO WMS.

It seems that the FDO rasters (to my experience with WMS) will not retain the scale set for the Paperspace viewports and are regenerated at full scale.

Have even tested this with the newer MAPs objects and MAPs viewports combination.

For WMS I would believe (but have not investigated this) the request might not properly be build by MAP with respect to the BBOX, WIDTH, HEIGHT parameters.

Maybe similar thing happens for the FDO rasters?

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost