AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fdo connections and geometry type

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
vanlindenluc
529 Views, 0 Replies

fdo connections and geometry type

Hi

AutoCAD MAP 3D 2012 64bit SP1.

I am wondering how Map 3D / FDO can be "overruled" on the features/layer geometry typing.

Some formats (shape) requires strongly typed geometry datastore defintions.

For example a layer with polygons and multipolygons requires the shape file geometry type to be set to mutlipolygon but also all features must be a of the same type. So the (single/simpel) polygon needs to be typed as MULTIPOLYGON (being a multipolygon with a single polygon).

I seem to run into issues using the bulk copy, where it it seems not possible to define these types of charecteristics, nor on the datstore/layer level, nor on te  feature/geometry level, causing errors to occur without results.

Similar thing happens on POSTGIS layer where the geometry type (in the geometry_column table) is strongly types (for example MULTIPOLYGON instead of GEOMETRY),. IF I create a new feature in this layer using MAP3D functions, it seems the default geometry type is GEOMETRY, although the metadata from postgis says MULTIPOLYGON. Checking in this feature will not work and an the message log says:

failed to insert feature

failed to execute FDOCommand

shape type mismatch on geometric property 'geometry'of the feature class

rollback etc....

Is there any way that these geometry types can be set on feature and or layer level in MAP 3D?

Tx

Luc

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost