AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDO and Draw Order

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cstringer
378 Views, 8 Replies

FDO and Draw Order

I've got some FDO objects, counties and abstracts. Then i have some basic Mtext on top of them. i can't seem to get the Mtext to stay on top of the FDO objects... FDO allways wants to be on top. DrawOrder send to front and back works until regen. Is that normal? anyway around it? besides not doing a filled polygon?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Soocom1
in reply to: cstringer

In the Display manager (FDO) click under Groups.
Then click "order" and check to see what items are in what order. The groups are just that groups.. Not display order.

Then, do a File print Preview and see if they come up. You may also want to do a print to check if they actuyally come up. This is another of those "bugs" in the Display in autocad.
Message 3 of 9
cstringer

yea, I got that, but the problem is I want regular Mtext objects on top of the FDO, all the FDO. Regular autocad objects don't show up in that draw order list so I can't put them above or below other things.
Message 4 of 9
Soocom1

Try this:

Go into model space, isolate all the Mtext objects, then righ click and bring to front in the draw order in the mouse click commands.

Then unisolate and try that..
Message 5 of 9
cstringer

No go, I've tried sending FDO to back, sending Mtext to front, after regen mtext is always behind FDO objects.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Add the Mtext layer to the Display Manager and then the Draw Order can be
controlled.
[Display Manager toolbar] Data->Add Drawing Layer->Drawing Layer... then
select the AutoCAD layer(s).

--
Chris L. Amos
Quality Assurance Autodesk MapGuide

wrote in message news:6071876@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've got some FDO objects, counties and abstracts. Then i have some basic
Mtext on top of them. i can't seem to get the Mtext to stay on top of the
FDO objects... FDO allways wants to be on top. DrawOrder send to front and
back works until regen. Is that normal? anyway around it? besides not doing
a filled polygon?
Message 7 of 9
cstringer

Thanks, that did the trick.

Message 8 of 9
cstringer

Ok, draw order is still giving me massive problems. I've got it all set up in display manager order list. but I've got a DEM that still wants to stay on top. If I move the DEM to the top of the order, is looks right on screen, but plots with DEM on top. If I move it to the bottom, like I want it, it dosn't look right on screen or plot right. regen and send to back dosn't work either.

any ideas?
Message 9 of 9
cjneper

There are known issues with FDO objects not retaining the desired draw order. I submitted a support request and they acknowledged the problem. That was months ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost