AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error, Out of memory, Shutting down.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mkaandorp
14855 Views, 11 Replies

Fatal Error, Out of memory, Shutting down.

Insert Image, selected  .ecw file (image)

With properties of image -> Misc -> Transparency Color, Select -> Pick a Color on the Image -> OK

The memory grows to 1,8 gb and then gives Fatal Error, Out of Memory, Shutting Down.

Only AutoCAD crashes, system is not shutting down.

Tried with and without /3GB  switch and there was almost no cpu usage.

How to solve this problem?

AUtoCAD MAP 3D 2011 + Raster Design

Windows XP 32, 4 GB

Marco Kaandorp

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cjneper
in reply to: mkaandorp

Every year I point out the severe limitations of Map and Raster Design when it comes to image handling, and every year I hear that memory utilization is a priority and will be addressed in the next release.  Does that answer your question?

Message 3 of 12
mkaandorp
in reply to: cjneper

Memory

Each time Memory goes to 1,9 GB and then got FATAL ERROR: Out of memory-shutting down.

This happens when opening drawings.

I heared AutoCAD 2010 and 2011 don't support swapping ...???

/3GB switch is no option. Then we get BSOD.

XP pro, 32, 4GB, FX1800

Marco

Message 4 of 12

Part of the issue that you're likely running into is that Autodesk products - C3D and Map3D especially - want large blocks of contiguous memory.  XP is notorious for "fragmenting" the memory - you could have a lot of free RAM, but with small files "thrown here and there," so that while you might have 60% free resources, it's not in a large block.  This is what Peter Funk explained at AU2009.  I'd strongly suggest Win7 - Its letting me work on some amazingly large files that crashes my XP box.

Message 5 of 12
hbikker

We have the same problem ( boot.ini>3Gb>>Missing Hall.dll or BSOD ! 

Dit you find any other sugerstions/ solutions so far) ?

(2 machines with XP pro SP3 4 GIG ,HP compact DC5700)

Herbert

Message 6 of 12
Gary_Braun

I once contacted Adesk support for regarding similar problems, here is part of their response:

In the end, as raster data is not native to AutoCAD, we've always had some issues in working with it.  The workaround that we typically suggest in these cases is to "pre" process the images in some image-editing software (like Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, etc.).

Seriously, Photoshop them first?  If Raster is not a native format then why am I paying so much on subscription to keep my Raster Design licenses active each year?  They really need to get raster handling dealt with properly.

Message 7 of 12
hbikker
in reply to: Gary_Braun

Our Solutions for this problem:

In ACAD LT2010 Type in cmd line  HPQUICKPREVIEW and set option =OFF.

After changing the standard setting into "off" the error disapeared immediately ! and the hatching process was a lot faster then before. Then I tried this on 3 machines, with the same result 🙂  Everybody Happy

Kind Regards,

Herbert Bikker.

ICT department Polybouw Aluminium B.V.

Message 8 of 12
cjneper
in reply to: hbikker

the HPQUICKPREVIEW command must be an Autocad Lite only command?

I don't see that anywhere in Map.

Message 9 of 12
hbikker

Not special acad 2010 LT:

May bee this is helping you.

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2010/04/autocad-2011-feature-tips-tricks-10-new-hatch-ti...

Kind Regards Herbert Bikker

Message 10 of 12
cjneper
in reply to: hbikker

My fault.  I was in Map 2010.  That is a new variable for 2011.

Message 11 of 12
sollythabo22

Hello guys. Please help fix this, I was just busy with my model on AutoCad 2007 that the program went Not-Responding and when I try recover as I always do then the AutoCad Fatal error message appears. I need help urgently.
Message 12 of 12
cjneper
in reply to: sollythabo22

I would strongly recommend upgrading... both software and hardware.  You are 9 releases behind now.  The new 64 bit versions work alot better when using large datasets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost