AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to SHP - Export a buffer class to a polygon SHP

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sweeneypaul0
726 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting to SHP - Export a buffer class to a polygon SHP

Hello All 

I have a series of polylines with a global width of 5m which I want to export to a polygon shapefile to represent in GIS. I realised if I create a shapefile of the polylines and then create a buffer of 2.5m on either side I can create my desired polygon. My question is how do I export this polygon to a shapefile. I have tried bulk copy but this just seems to revert the buffer back to a polyline shapefile . Any ideas

Regards 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

if you created the buffer objects with command _MAPFDOBUFFERCREATE  and so created a SDF-file you can either use bulk-copy to create a SHP (bulk copy is sometimes strange) or you can create a new drawing and use command _MAPIMPORT to import this buffer-sdf and the command _MAPEXPORT to create a SHP from that imported geometry/data.

If you have the buffered geometry created in another way, then let us know what type of geometry it is currently.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: sweeneypaul0

Do you want an outer line of the polygon 5m wide or a ring polygon 5 m wide?  Line style will give the first, the afore mentioned the second.

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: sweeneypaul0

If your polyline is closed it exports as a polygon. You can change it to a closed pline in the property palette.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Alfred i imported it as an .SDF then it exported to SHP , worked a treat.

Cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost