AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to shape files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DrWileFTracer
422 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting to shape files

I'm extremely new to map 3d 2013 and have a couple questions. I have a number of closed polylines on a map that will represent different areas with specific characteristics. I want each area (polyline) to have a table attached in order to include information about each area. How do I get each polyline to show up as a layer and how do I attach a table to each polyline?

Also, I have a number of house symbols over the full extents of the drawing. All the houses are on the same layer. Is it possible to do a query whereby I could ask to see only those houses which fall within one or more particular polyline areas? Could I, as well, do a query to have the number of houses within a certain polyline(s) shown?

Thanks in advance

Wil

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
parkr4st
in reply to: DrWileFTracer

I'm extremely new to map 3d 2013 and have a couple questions. I have a number of closed polylines on a map that will represent different areas with specific characteristics. I want each area (polyline) to have a table attached in order to include information about each area. How do I get each polyline to show up as a layer and how do I attach a table to each polyline?

do you want a label formated as a table for each pl? you can query each pl and save the result as a layer file and add those files back into the map. Perhaps you could sketch what you want to have as the appearance of  the pl>

Also, I have a number of house symbols over the full extents of the drawing. All the houses are on the same layer. Is it possible to do a query whereby I could ask to see only those houses which fall within one or more particular polyline areas? Could I, as well, do a query to have the number of houses within a certain polyline(s) shown?

display manager, right click, select the query option and query by an existing pl, or area, fence, etc. again you can save the query;  option button in lower area of query editor and the result as a .layer file

Dave

Message 3 of 3

DrWileFTracer wrote:

how do I attach a table to each polyline? 

There's 2 ways: manual and automatic.

1] the manual one involves the commands _ADEDEFDATA and _ADEATTACHDATA, but you'd use only if you have few objects

2] the automatic one requires an unique ID drawn inside the closed polylines (i.e. a simple Dtext like 001,002,003,...) and an external database (e.g. in Excel or Access format) with records numbered identically 001,002,003...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost