AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

alastairworsley1918
Message 1 of 3 (503 Views)
Accepted Solution

Exporting to SDF - How do I export a polygon with a hole in the middle?

503 Views, 2 Replies
11-20-2012 07:22 AM

Hi,

My first post here, hoping for a bit of help with something that will hopefully turn out to be quite simple. 

The attachment can probably explain this better than I can, but basically I have a series of polygons for a dataset that I need to export as an SDF. One of these polygons has a hole in the middle which I need to preserve. If I export it as it is, then I will get two polygons, one inside the other that will sit one on top of the other. What I want is to keep it looking as it is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A

Hi,

start command MPOLYGON and convert the polyline to polygons ==> that will (should) recognize the island-polyline as island for the MPOLYGON-object.

The MPOLYGON-objects can then be exported including these islands.

The other option would be to first create a topology and start MAPEXPORT with the option to use the topology for export and not the geometry-objects.

- alfred -

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (495 Views)

Re: Exporting to SDF - How do I export a polygon with a hole in the middle?

11-20-2012 07:56 AM in reply to: alastairworsley1918

Hi,

start command MPOLYGON and convert the polyline to polygons ==> that will (should) recognize the island-polyline as island for the MPOLYGON-object.

The MPOLYGON-objects can then be exported including these islands.

The other option would be to first create a topology and start MAPEXPORT with the option to use the topology for export and not the geometry-objects.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
alastairworsley1918
Message 3 of 3 (490 Views)

Re: Exporting to SDF - How do I export a polygon with a hole in the middle?

11-20-2012 08:08 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Many thanks Alfred, the MPOLYGON command works just fine. I've had to have a closer look at the polylines as one was crossing itself, but that has done the trick for now.

Thanks very much!

A

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.